CHAPTER 21 - The Base

"E-eh? Why is that I can't seem to get rid of Nozel..." You said as you roamed around an unfamiliar area. You were at a mission with many others with your captain and now, you've decided to stray away from your path since the mission's already done.

"Hold on... This mana..." You walked around and saw a clearing. A giant floating rock is what you see in the distance. You seem attached to it maybe because of something malicious...?

You know you're avoiding your captain the best you can but this needs to be reported. You dragged your feet to where you feel your Captain's presence.

He noticed your presence and looked at you with composure. You took a deep breath and spoke, "We might have stumbled upon the base of the terrorists".

You lead him to the clearing to ensure everything you claim is correct. Under further investigation, you were about to head out to report it.

"I suppose it's best to say that William Vangeance is a traitor" you told Nozel as you weren't sure if he had already believed you.

"It's just the facts of my observation. I've been studying without most knowing" you continued while the other members side tracked. You furrowed your eyebrows at their movements.

"Don't worry they're off to another mission" he assured you as you nodded. You were both silent and it's not the comfortable silence either.

"Whatever you say, I'm not leaving you be. Even if you don't see me as a lover, I'm still your childhood friend" he started as you sighed. Here you are again, talking about the same topic you wanted to avoid.

"She's changed. You can see it in her eyes, feel it in her touch, hear it in her tone. (Y/n)'s not the same and I'm afraid she might not come back" Nozel spoke as if you're not the person he's talking about.

"That's right, she has changed. If she comes back, she'll soon leave anyways" you said as he pondered the words you're saying. He was a smart captain, afterall.

"You've changed... Perhaps you've traded something for your life" he thought aloud and it was spot on.

"If you've broken this trade, there's a chance that you'll return to dying" he finished with 100% accuracy.

"Tell me I'm right, (Y/n)" he wanted and answer. You can hear it in his demanding yet pleading voice.

"You're... Absolutely wrong. Stop making this hard for both of us" you told him as you felt his strong arms envelope your  body.

"You always pretend to be alright when you're not. You always carry out your own problems by yourself since you don't want others to get hurt" he started.

"When we were children, I failed to see your struggles and always bring you harm. I don't want to lose you again, you slow witted woman" he finished as you coughed up, feeling tightness in your chest.

You can slowly feel your old feelings return but you must supress it until it's time. You pushed him away and fell from the impact.

The misty surrounding made it seem like you're so far away from him. His breathing became hitched once he saw red on your mouth. He get it now, the thing you traded for your life is your love to him.

The moment he shows you affection, you would always turn into a coughing fit. That's right, this is his fault once more. He brought you more pain, opposite of what he wanted to do.

He wanted to protect you but it seems like fate wasn't letting you. Perhaps you were not destined to each other. The vow that ties you together is long gone.

"No. I swore to protect you" he muttered under his breath as he carried your figure. "I'm sorry" he apologized every single time you coughed up.

He was rushing to return to where it deemed to be safe. The sound of the grass and the dance of the flowers were in sync. The world was in perfect harmony while you were there, barely breathing in his arms.

Is this what it feels like if you're really dying in his arms? Does he need to relive this scene as long as you're cursed? If that's the case then...

"...I wish a haven't met you..." He whispered loud enough for you to hear. It's strange how your heart felt like it cracked into a million pieces but you can't feel any love so why, why does it feel like you've lost something you don't have.

"Stop" You demanded but he didn't obliged. He kept running and you saw the beautiful scenery before you. Such ashame that this scenery doesn't fit what was happening.

"Stop." You tried to sound more demanding but he still didn't comply. You felt your body shake as tears rolled from your glassy eyes.

You got a hold of Nozel's robe and gripped it tightly, "s-stop" . You whimpered as he finally decided to stop.

You signalled him that you wanted to be put down and so he did. You stood on the ledge, yes, you were on a cliff. It was an astonishing sight.

"I wish I hadn't met you, huh?" You repeated his words.

"You're the confusing one here, Nozel!" You shouted, ignoring the pain you're feeling on your chest. The wind blew as your whole being was touched, gliding, swaying, dancing against the wind.

"You told me you hate me! The second thing I know is that you love me and now... You wish I hadn't exist in your life!" You clenched your fist.

"How was I suppose to know what to react! I don't understand you at all!" You laughed at the end as if you're losing your mind.

You took a step back and not a second more, you fell. Nozel was fazed from your words, he was angry towards his self. He was insensitive towards you but you interpreted what he said.

He dive in to catch you in mid air as you struggled to get rid of him. He finally took a hold of you but both of you were near the bottom. Nozel tried to react fast but his magic didn't make it on time so he tumbled, keeping you safe and sound on his chest.

You were still crying as Nozel took the impact. Nozel ended up releasing you but before you run away, he trapped you between his arms.

"I wish I hadn't met you.... But I'm glad I did!" He released his emotions.

"You drowned yourself with negativity, you kept on pushing yourself to hard, you tried insisting to make me say I love you when you already know that I do"

"You're beautiful, (Y/n). Strong willed, intelligent yet out going, so weak yet so strong" he said, resting his head on the crook of your neck.

"I've caused you so much pain so I tried to reject you the best I can. I don't want you to get stuck on a miserable life by marrying me but it seems like you thought the same" he confessed.

"But know that, I'll save you even if it's in another life time" he said as you felt hot tears on your neck. You felt tears, the tears of Nozel Silva himself.

"Idiot. You're such an idiot" you smiled in relief and sadness.

"Not now but soon. Soon I'll learn to love you again and if not, then I'll find you in another life" you said while patting his head gently like how you used to before.

"That's a vow I'm never going to break"