CHAPTER 22 - Star Festival

"Noelle! Oh— who might these two be?" You ran towards the youngest Silva. Even though your holding your affection for her brother, you still love Noelle like your own sister.

"Lady (Y/n)! You've returned!" You smiled at her enthusiasm. Kiato and Kahono blinked their eyes at who you are but Kiato wad enthusiastic to meet you since you seemed close to her Goddess.

"Pardon me, I'm (Y/n) (L/n)" you introduced yourself as they did the same. You smiled at their introduction and you've come to notice that they love singing and dancing.

"Ah! That reminds me, Lady (Y/n) also sings quite marvelously" Noelle told the beaming Kahono. It was obvious in her eyes that she wanted to hear you sing.

"I'm not really much great as Noelle said" you said rather humbly. Kahono found this as an opportunity to sing and she did. Once you've grasp the song, you've decided to harmonize with her.

The siblings were shocked at how fluid your voice was and how quickly you are to catch up to the harmony.

"Sugoi!" She took your hands and smiled once you've finished. "If we do become idols one day, I'll certainly ask you for a special appearance!" She said as you giggled at her enthusiasm.

"I hope so" you replied generically since you might not be alive at that point.

"I just wanted to check up on you, I heard you've faced against one of the Third Eye?" You said while you inspected her.

"Your mana seem to flow rather freely now. I wonder if... ah, nevermind" you shrugged not wanting to mention Lady Acier at this time.

"Well, how about you Lady (Y/n). Your volunteerism was truly honorable and you've returned so quickly" she said in amazement.

"Ah, that's nothing but a duty to fulfill" you smiled gently. You noticed that you were interfering with their time so you decided to go.

"Very well, I must go" you curtsied and left. You went to walk by the town to inspect the people. Some of them were obviously talking about you while some adored you from their eyes.

You smiled at those who made eye contact to you as you somehow managed to bump into a certain Captain.

"William Vangeance" you greeted as he smiled charismatically.

"(Y/n) (L/n)" he replied.

"I've already deciphered your plan, Vangeance. Turning me against the other captains is not really the best option" you responded mirroring the same smile.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" he acted innocent and played dumb. You flicked his forehead and activated your magic.

"You... You're going to assassinate the Wizard King—" you said in shock as he glinted his eyes at your little revelation. He was about to react to your little discovery but Nozel had appeared.

"Apologies, am I interrupting something?" Nozel said with his icy tone. He clearly doesn't like the atmosphere that was spreading from you two.

"No, not at all. Now then, I shall take my leave" Vangeance bowed slightly and made eye contact before he left.

"This is bad.." you whispered to yourself and thought of possibilities. You might have seen him killing off the Wizard King  but this doesn't necessarily tell you when it will happen. You can't tell this to anyone aswell since it might ruin the future for the worse.

"You seem in distress" he asked in mild concern although since he was in public, he acted coldly.

"No— it's not a problem for you to solve" you countered him.

"You're acting as if you're the only on who can carry the burden. Let me help" he said as you bit your lip.

"Someone will die soon. I can feel it" you warned him. He tried to interpret your words but it was too broad to know who will die.

"But don't mind that for now, today's the announcement, am I not correct?" You asked him.

"It is" he replied shortly as you sighed.

"We can't let this day go to waste. Do you want to spend time at the Festival with me?" You asked him as he looked at you.

"I don't necessarily have a need to celebrate a festival" he replied while you arched your eyebrow.

"You're such a kill joy, Nozel" you laughed.

"The best thing about memories is making them, Nozel" you smiled brightly even though your chest tightens just by spending time with him.

You took his hands and ran to see any good stalls. In his view, you were mesmerizing as he feels your soft hands with his. Your scent that passes through the wind was intoxicating to him, giving him a sense of home.

That's right. You're his home and losing you means losing his comfort.

"Ara~! Look at this Nozel!" You said brightly as you get two red stick like figures. You lit them up and sparkling fire appeared at the end of the item.

A million feelings

A thousand thoughts

A hundred memories

All because of one person

You danced around with the item you're holding as it illuminates your already bright eyes. The attire your wearing was perfect for the moment. You turned your head to look at Nozel's eyes with a bright smile.

"You truly are beautiful, (Y/n)" he can't help but say as your chest tightens with pain. You wished that you could feel the butterflies without inflicting pain upon yourself.

"Nozel I—" you cut yourself off.

"Oh the awarding is in a few minutes" you remembered. You shoved Nozel playfully since you know that he was always in time for these things.

"I'd rather see you smile happily" he said in disappointment.

"You're being too cheesy, lame braid" you chuckled, feeling your chest tighten more.

You've waited for the announcement and noticed that some captains are late. They carried on and announced the squad ranking. You were surprised to hear that the black bulls came second next to the Golden Dawn.

You silently cheered for Noelle's squad because you knew they're fine people, afterall, they got Noelle to surpass her limits.

You cheered for your squad who got third place but you saw disapproval in your Captain's eyes. "Why can't you be happy for what you have" you whispered as he spotted you in the crowd. You stuck a tongue and you swore he grew a vein mark.

You chuckled but immediately coughed from the small interactions. The only thing you can say is, "shit".

You suddenly heard your name being called by the Wizard king while the crowd grew silent. You composed yourself and forced yourself to smile as genuine as possible.

You held pride and poise as you walked up to the small stage. You didn't know what was happening so you stood by your Captain and whispered.

"Why am I called up here again?" You asked as he "tsked" for revenge. You sighed and faced the crowd.

"I am awarding (Y/n) (L/n) for her act of volunteerism. Deeds as selfless as serving another kingdom with her clan brought us to not lose any knights for protection of our own."

"The queen had been satisfied from Lady (Y/n)'s work and thus, this might be our gateway to open an alliance with the Heart Kingdom" Julius finished as people applauded you.

Now that your spotlight was over, the King came by and was disregarded. You almost laughed at the Asta and Yuno's little talk but you kept it inside. In a short while, the King has announced the hideout and the plan.

Royal Knights, aye? The end is coming soon