Shadow of the Truth

"Denial. It's the only thing that keeps most of us from losing our sanity."

-Heena Rathore P

Oliver was livid. The moment Adrian left, Oliver headed straight to the hideout.

The rest of the team stood off to the side as they watched Oliver's verbal thrashing on Rene. Apparently Rene and Evelyn went off on their own to find out more about Stardust. They found themselves in a factory where Rene ended up killing drug dealer Sampson.

Ari watched the entire thing slightly frowning. Oliver seemed upset that Rene had killed a guy the district attorney was hoping to use to get to the supplier. Not that Rene actually killed a man. This only brought back up those questions that scared the crap out of her. Was Rene really in a situation, that he had to kill someone to survive? Was she prepared to be in such a situation?

"Last week you said you needed to be able to trust me, fine!" Oliver glared at Rene. "Well I need to be able to trust you. If I can't then why am I wasting my time with you?" Oliver's phone vibrated in his pocket. He turned away pulling it from his pocket, cursing under his breath to see another reminder for the session he was currently late for. With a huff, Oliver stormed out.

The others turned to Rene, who was still clearly angry that Oliver couldn't see his intentions with what he did.

"Never in my entire life would I think that I would meet somebody more stubborn than him," Felicity shook her head before heading over to the computer.

Rene shook his head before looking up to see Ari staring at him and he just shook his head.

"You got something to say, pip squeak, because if not you should look somewhere else."

Ari shook her head. "You know when you walked in here, I never would've guessed that you killed someone."

"Like I said I had no other choice. Plus the asshole was a drug dealing piece of shit! How I see it he got what he deserved." Ari frowned slightly turning away.

"Aww, did that hurt your feelings?" Evelyn taunted and Ari turned a glare to her. "You don't honestly think this job can be done without casualties do you? At some point, it's your life or the bad guy." Evelyn walked over to her. "You either accept that, or run back into that big, safe house of yours." Ari just scoffed before turning and stalking for the door.

"Ari?" Felicity stood to her feet to see the teen hurry off.

"I'm fine." Ari waved off, never stopping her stride. Felicity glanced back to the others who just shook their heads before dispersing.

Oliver rushed off the elevator, stopping at the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, my name is Oliver Queen. I-"

"Dr. Adams is expecting you Mr. Queen. You can head on back." the woman replied and Oliver let out sigh of relief before walking around the office and down the hall to Nick's door. Oliver knocked first and Nick spoke from the other side for him to come in.

Oliver walked inside of the office, stopping and looking around. The only person in the office was Nick who sat behind his desk.

"She left, didn't she?" Oliver sighed pulling out his phone with a shake of his head. "I told her I would be here, and then I'm late and now she's probably upset."

"Hey Oliver-" Nick stood to his feet and walked around his desk. "Katie wasn't here." Oliver looked over to the man confused and the look on his face let Nick know what was happening. "She didn't tell you about this, did she?"