Human Target

"The memories we make with our family is everything. "

-Candace Cameron Bure

Ari sat annoyed on the bleachers in the gym. She didn't think Hank was even in the school, but she figured he rushed in when the lights went out. Now she currently had to sit and wait until they came back on before she could leave. It would've been fine if Jamie wasn't also stuck here and he just wouldn't shut up.

"So are you just going to ignore me forever?" Jamie asked and Ari rolled her eyes.

"That was the plan." Ari says letting her eyes scan around the dim lit gym. She knew this could've been a move made by Tobias and she needed to be aware of everything happening around her which Jamie wasn't making any easier.

"I told you I don't know why I made out with that girl, I honestly have no idea who she is and—why do you care who I kiss anyway?" he said turning back to her, hating that she wouldn't look at him.

Ari just let out a sigh before she stood to her feet and walked over to where Hank stood keeping an eye out.

"Can't we just leave?" she asked and the man looked over to her in amusement.

"My guys are doing one more sweep, but yeah I think we should get you out of here. This all just seems a little off." Hank said glancing around once more. Ari let out a huff as she began looking around too. "You know kid, you should cut the guy a break." Ari looked back to Hank with a furrowed brow. "Boys are dumb, and slow and sometimes don't see what everyone else thinks is obvious." Ari turned back to look at Jamie who was looking down to his cell phone before she turned back to Hank who just gave her arm a nudge. Ari let out a sigh as she walked back over to the bleachers to sit, and Jamie lifted his eyes back to her.

"I've already decided that I'm not going to let you ignore me." Jamie said as he dropped to the step beside her. "I'm just going to annoy you until you finally—"

"I like you Jamie." Ari said, not looking at the boy. She thinks she'd crumble into a million pieces if she looks at him and sees the rejection on his face. "That's why I was upset that you kissed Evie. Now shut up please." And Jamie was silent for a moment and Ari was so tempted to turn to him, but she didn't because soon Hank came over.

"We're good to go." Hank said and Ari nodded before grabbing her backpack and walking down to Hank, still not chancing a glance over to Jamie.

"Ari wait!" Jamie called before she could leave. Ari let out a sigh, glancing over to Hank who smiled before taking a few steps away to give the teens some privacy. When she turned, Jamie was standing right in front of her. "So you tell me you like me and then just walk away."

"That was the plan," she once again said. She shook her head. "Look it's fine if you don't feel the same—" One Jamie Prescott stole her words when his lips pressed against hers in a kiss that made the girl almost melt into a puddle on the floor. The boy pulled away with a smile as he looked down to the girl who was now standing in front of him with her eyes closed and lips still slightly parted from the kiss. Soon she opened her eyes and looked up to see the smile on his face and couldn't help her own.

"I like you too Locke. Have for while, but I guess—" he shook his head with a laugh. "I didn't think you would like me back." Ari looked over to Jamie for a second before she grabbed him and pulled his lips back to hers. "So I was wrong." he muttered against her lips as he brought his arms around her.

There was a big stupid grin on Ari's face as she stood in the elevator heading up to Oliver's office. Hank stood beside her, glancing over and couldn't help but to shake his head. Once the doors opened, Hank turned to see Katie standing there, a guard behind her. The woman turned to the teen who didn't move, that smile still on her face. Katie looked at Ari with a quirked brown before looking over to Hank who just chuckled.