𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

🤍

🤍

The wind was deafening as she sailed through the air. She could just make out the shouts and cheers from her friends below as Hufflepuff scored yet another goal.

She resumed her position at the hoops while carefully scanning the players for the Quaffle. "Go on, Zach!" She cried as he zoomed past her, giving a small wave.

Hufflepuff was ahead 60-20 now. If Zach caught the Snitch, it would be an automatic win for, though she secretly doubted it. Their old broomsticks were barely a match for the Slytherins' new Nimbus 2000s - courtesy of Mr Malfoy. And while Draco was an unpleasant little rat, she had to admit that he was rather good at Quidditch, and shoo-in for the Slytherin team as seeker.

The Slytherin players exchanged the Quaffle so fast she barely caught it just before it flew right through the hoops. The spectators cheered again.

This was the seventh offensive she'd blocked, and she was feeling rather pleased as she tossed the ball back into the game. She just might make the Hufflepuff team after all!

But as she was re-steadying herself on her broomstick, something slammed into her from the left, so hard it knocked the wind out of her.

Her grip on the broom handle slipped. Before she knew it, the wind was wooshing around her as she felt herself plummeting to the ground and everything faded to black.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

When she opened her eyes, she was staring at the ceiling of the infirmary. Her friends' faces peered at her from above anxiously. To her surprise, Cedric was there as well, his Quidditch robes hanging heavy on his shoulders as he looked at her with great worry.

"What happened?" she mumbled, trying to shake the blurriness from her vision.

"Oh thank heavens you're alright!" Hannah shrieked. "We saw everything! Don't worry, Madam Hooch punished him."

"What? Who?" She tried to sit up but a pain shot through her right arm, causing her to cry out and sink back onto the bed.

"Malfoy, of course!" Zach exclaimed. "Butt the bloody Bludger at you, he did!" He was also still in his Quidditch robes, and Hannah, Susan, and Ernie's faces were smudged with Hufflepuff house colours.

The entire left side of her body ached something awful, and she groaned in pain. "Why would he do that? Didn't he just have to catch the Snitch?"

"Merlin knows," shrugged Susan. "He's absolutely beastly. Got a week of detention, but that was worth more like ten! Anyway, we've got to get to class. We'll come see you tonight if we can."

Cedric lingered as her friends pattered off. "Ugh, this is so embarrassing," Angel covered her face dramatically with her good hand. "Don't look at me, Ced."