Perfect Right Now.

"Boy, it must be something that you said. Is it real this time, or is it in my head? Got me tripping falling with no safety net."

Raising my eyebrows to his proposition I wonder if he's actually serious right now. Upon seeing his small smile as he waits intently on my answer I realize he's completely serious. "I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything right now Christian, but tonight's not really a good night."

"Why?" He asks a little confused, "You got some other hot date you're not telling me about?"

I can't help but laugh a little at his response, "Definitely not. Especially seeing as I'm already I guess locked down and knocked up by some baseball player." I tease back.

"Some baseball player," He replies with a chuckle, "So what's wrong with tonight?"

"Well for starters I spent the morning going through my former addict of a dead mothers house," I bite my lips into my mouth a little as I make my eyes wide over the statement and how crazy this all is still, "Not to mention that I'm also currently six months pregnant. Growing a child isn't exactly an easy feat all the time." 

"Alright," Christian nods with a small smile, "We'll stay in." Chuckling slightly I return the smile before he leans in and kisses me again gently holding my chin in place. I definitely don't mind this. 

Christian pulls away first, "Well now that we're staying in I have to make a different plan." Furrowing my eyebrows a little I meet his eyes again before he stands up quickly confusing me even further, "I'll be right back."

"What the hell?" I ask, "Where are you going?"

"To get some shit since we're staying in."

"What do you need that we don't have here?" I ask still beyond confused about what he's planning. 

"Don't even worry about it," He tells me grabbing his keys out of his pocket, "I'll be back in a few."

Bringing my eyebrows together I just look at him before shaking my head a little, "Alright I guess." 

Following Christian out of my room I meet Alex's curious glance and just nod at him once as Christian heads out. Christian gives me a small smile before shutting the door behind him.

"The hell is that?" Alex asks.

"That is him going to the store to set a date since I don't want to do anything tonight," I explain as Alex nods and looks back at his game of 2K. 

After a moment he let's out a little laugh, "Maybe he's buying you those eight dollar flowers I'd mentioned earlier."

"I'm sure that's it," I answer sarcastically, "Am I right in saying that you do actually like him?"

Alex shrugs a little before pausing his game, "I mean I don't hate him." I guess that's something? "Right now I don't really like him because of all the shit he pulled. Obviously, we've talked about that before though, then the terms you came back her on made me dislike him that much more but," He shrugs, "I think you're super smart and you wouldn't have him around still if he was actually a terrible dude."

"And he's not," I add nodding, "Just incredibly fucking stupid sometimes."

Alex chuckles, "I'll drink to that." I scoff at his comment, "But in all honesty as much as I'm going to love that little girl you're growing, it does seem like she's already got a dad who's going to love her even more." Smiling a little I let a small breath out of my nose before I nod, she does, doesn't she? 

About an hour after Christian left and Alex and I talked, our apartment door opens and I very quickly hear Alex's loud laugh through my bedroom door. Probably should check on that, shouldn't I? Tossing my phone to the side I stand up and head out and see the two men chuckling with each other, "Hey Ash, your baby daddy brought me flowers."

"Um, what?" I ask confused as I walk over to them and get a full look at the array of flowers Alex now has in his hand, "Why?"

"He made the comment earlier that I couldn't fork up eight dollars for some supermarket flowers so," Christian pauses to gesture to the flowers in question and says, "I got him twelve dollar ones to make up for it." 

"I'm pretty sure the snide comment was about getting flowers for me," I say before Alex glares at me.

"Shut up they're mine," Alex says defensively making me laugh a little, "Wow first time I ever get flowers and it's from an MVP." I just let out a chuckle as I shake my head glancing at Christian who's looking at me with a small smile. For only knowing Alex from how I've spoken about him and the maybe three times they've interacted he seems to know how to get on his good side. Smiling back at him it's a little easier to want to let go of the apprehensions I have, seeing the little things like this he's trying to do. Let's see how tonight goes before we make any calls like that. 

"So are we hanging out or are you two hanging out?" I ask pointing at me and Christian and then Christian and Alex. "Cause I'm fine with either seeing as you two seem to be having a moment, sorry to interrupt."

Both the two boys laugh at my comment before Christian answers me, "We're hanging out." 

"Alright," I say pulling my sleeves over my hands as I cross my arms between my chest and belly seeing as that's the most comfortable position for them and I've been cold ever since we got home. 

Christian nods back towards my room finally signaling I should head back in with him. Probably better than the bro-fest Alex and him are probably going to end up having. While I had no doubt in my mind that they would end up getting to be friends it's kinda funny seeing it in action.

"Alright, so what did you actually need to go get then," I ask as I sit back on my bed and watch Christian close the door behind us with the few bags in his hand. Glancing in them it looks like something fuzzy, I bet it's a blanket. 

He tosses the bags onto the bed next to me as he makes his way over and I take the chance to pull the first thing out and laugh seeing it's a navy XL robe, "Why?"

"Cause you're always cold it seems like," I laugh and shake my head looking at it and seeing the other one, "I got you the extra-large cause I figured bigger is better cause it's warmer."

Laughing I nod as I see the bag and see another bunch of the same navy fabric, "Oh cute you got us matching robes?" I ask teasing his choice even if it's actually kinda cute. Pulling that out I find Sour Patch Kids and a couple of pints of ice cream. Pouting my lip out a little I look at him and smile, "That's what I wanted the first time we hung out here."

"I know that's why I got it," He answers with a slight chuckle. That's really cute he remembered that. I guess it's a random enough combo that it is memorable but he thought enough to get it for me. Rummaging further through the bag I find a couple more snacks, a bag of Dot's, some random bags of candies, and a little black container of something. 

"What's in here?" I ask pulling it out of the bag before opening the seal, "Ohhh." Chocolate strawberries. "Kinda impressed with your picks here not gonna lie."

Christian laughs, "Well I'm glad. I figured we could just order something whenever and watch a movie or two, or however many," I laugh at his plan for tonight even though I really have no issue with any of it. It's actually almost perfect right now.

"This is kinda perfect right now," I say looking back up at him, "Thank you." Christian smiles at me before kissing me. I could definitely find myself falling for him and I don't know how to feel about it at all right now. The two of us blindly dancing along this tightrope between being able to be happy and falling with no safety net to catch us. Sometimes though you've just gotta ignore the danger of it all and jump right in anyways.

"You're making it really hard to trust myself right now," I whisper to Christian resting my forehead against his.

"Why's that?" He asks in the same hushed tone that I'd just used.

"Because I know that there's nothing to catch me when I end up falling in love with you."