February Birthdays.

"Oh you're just a small bump unknown and you'll grow into your skin. With a smile like hers and a dimple beneath your chin."

Christian~

"It's been three hours," I comment now moved on to pacing the waiting room I've been put in. "We should've heard something by now."

"No news is good news isn't it?" Alex asks trying to be optimistic here.

"I don't think  that counts here," I reply taking a deep breath to maintain the composure I've been able to hold onto for a while now, "I'm going to go ask someone."

"I'll come with."

Alex follows behind me as I head out of the room and glance around looking for someone who looks like they might work here and give me something. Sighing a little to myself when I don't see anyone I try and remember my way back to where I last got to see Ashtyn before the doors were shut on me. As I turn the corner I see the nurse that was with us in the other room sat on the floor knees to her chest and tears streaming down her face as she leans against the wall.

Any air that I had taken in is knocked out from me as I take in the picture here and take a step back into Alex. No. No. Thats not real, that's not what happened, "Hey!" I call out finding the word in me somehow right now as I start walking up to her again.

Her head turns up in a panic before her eyes find mine and this immense sorrow just fills them as she looks to me. "I'm so sorry," Is all she says before she hastily stands up and heads back through the doors before I can catch up to her.

"No!" I yell out as the doors shut again before I ball up a fist and slam it into the door. "Fuck!" I call out before turning back around and pushing my hands through my hair. Alex just stands there silently knowing nothing about how he should even react right now, how should he? He didn't know that she was with Ashtyn and Kacelyn.

"Christian?"

The voice from behind me again pulls my attention and I turn back around and see Dr.Rowe. "What's going on what happened, can I see them?" I ask frantically getting closer to her than I probably should've but just needing something.

"Mr.Yelich can you come with me please," She asks voice sounding exasperated. Nodding I glance back at Alex a moment and see him nod before I follow her through the doors again and around a corner into an office before she shuts the door behind us. Motioning for me to have a seat she takes her time to sit around on the opposite side of the desk.

"Where are they? What's going on?" I ask immediately as my eyes I'm sure are wide as a deer in headlights as I'm all but begging for there to be something, anything for me to hold onto right now. It's been way longer than it should've been that I'm here now, "What happend, wheres my family?"

~~~

Taking a deep breath I look to the ground as Alex and Natalia finish their way down the aisle standing at either side before I look up as the doors open again. Kacelyn all dolled up in a tiny white gown and flower head piece adorning her beautiful little curls appears next. She starts toddling her way down the aisle being coaxed by my mom making me smile as my baby girl doesn't fully know what to do with the flowers she's been given to toss out. Who can expect her to though at not quite two years old? Her little gasp and smile makes me grin even bigger than I'm sure I already was as her tiny voice goes, "dada!" Getting laughs from the people here today to witness Ashtyn and I finally get married. Kacey forgets the flowers and does her little baby run towards me making me laugh as I crouch down to get her when she gets to me.

"Dada!" She says with a big smile as she gets to me our crowd coos over the moment as I chuckle and give my little princess a hug.

"Hi babygirl," I say, "You did awesome, I love you, can you go by gramma?"