Honorary Child.

"When you're lost I'll find the way, I'll be your light. You'll never feel like you're alone, I'll make this feel like home."

"Yeah," Christian says over the call he's tuned into, some random interview he agreed to where I just hear his answers, "We're really close to the due date now and incredibly excited to finally be able to meet our daughter. That's all I'm giving you though I gotta keep some things private for her sake and for Ashtyn." 

Smiling a little I shake my head, definitely appreciate that. I give Christian a smile as I stand up to head upstairs not wanting to interrupt him right now. Pushing my hand through my hair I use the opposite to hold the railing as I head up the steps to get up to Kacey's room. 

Grabbing my phone as I sit back in the chair in Kacelyns room I pull up Alex's contact and facetime him. After about three rings he finally picks up, "What's up bitch I'm busy."

"No, you're not if you were you would've ignored me," I call him out laughing at his greeting.

"Fine I got Morgan over," I physically gag at the sheer thought of that being true, "I wish I was joking actually."

"Why the hell would you have her over," I ask almost actually offended by that, "Definitely don't want your ass around my kid if you have that poor of judgment."

"She came over on her own, wanted to apologize I guess but we just ended up hooking up and now she's convinced we're getting back together."

"Alex I'm deadass going to puke right now if you're being serious. Like she was bad enough before she sold the story let alone now," I tell him, that bitch deserves a whole ass hate club. It's one thing to be a bitch and a completely another thing to sell a fucking story about people you don't even fucking know let alone at all.

Alex laughs, "I'm kidding, kinda she did come over and we did hook up but there's no chance in hell I'm getting back with her."

"God you're a dick," I tell him chuckling a little, "Is it not enough for me to be about to pop pregnant but you have to get me all worked up now too?"

"Hey it's fun," Alex answers laughing, "I was hoping this facetime was to tell me it's go time, Kace is due any day now. I gotta meet my honorary child."

"Honorary child," I repeat with a scoff, "Not if you keep Morgan around."

"Oh my god, I'm not," He responds annoyed now over his own joke, "I was just horny and she was there."

"God you're disgusting," I tell him laughing, "If you act like that I definitely don't want you claiming her as an honorary child." 

"Relax wouldn't do anything around Kacey, besides be an example of who not to date and be with."

"Why the hell is that even a goal of yours?" I ask laughing now at how ridiculous he is.

Alex shrugs before letting out a laugh, "Cause someone's gotta do it now that baby daddy stepped up and intends to stick around." Shaking my head I just roll my eyes, "I miss you dude though, you've got two extra bedrooms and an awesome basement that could be rented out. I'm just saying." 

Laughing I shake my head, "Sure thing, have to put up with you and a new baby."

"Free child care?" He suggests.

"Oh yeah and what about your job? Someone's gotta be able to hook me up with his other lawyer friends when I need," I reply still chuckling. "I do miss you too though, and in all seriousness, I am glad that Kacey's got an uncle like you. You've always been there for me and I can't wait to see you be there for her too. Even if it's helping her get out of trouble sometimes," I joke with a small smile thinking about how many times he did that with me. As obnoxious as he is he's always been one to do what he could to get anyone out of trouble by just being good with his words, makes a lot of sense that he's a lawyer now and been pretty successful as such as early in his career as it is.