Skirts || ATEEZ

San treasures the fact that he can be himself around his friends and boyfriend. Anything he wanted to do, he was most likely to get supported in doing. He's very grateful for everyone and tells them everything. That's why they know he's a little, and help take care of him.
    He tells them everything, right?
    Everything, minus one small, tiny detail. Little San likes to play dress up in dresses and skirts like a princess. None of his friend's minds, this is something a lot of littles do, his boyfriend/main caregiver Wooyoung especially thought it was cute. The big secret was...
    Drumroll, please...
    I swear if you don't do it!
    If you didn't do it-
    This liking of wearing skirts traveled with San out of little space. When he's alone and knows for sure he will be for a while, San likes to dress up in skirts, crop tops, thigh highs, typical "girl" clothes (though clothes don't have a gender). They made him feel comfortable. So while Wooyoung was at work, San busted out his cute clothes.
    He didn't do anything special but lounge around the house, constantly checking the time so he wouldn't get caught by his lover. Wooyoung didn't come home early, but someone opened the front door unexpectedly. "San! Sannie! We's here to play!" called the soft voice of one of San's fellow littles, Yeosang. San froze, pulling his blanket over his lap in an attempt to hide the skirt.
    "Sannie!" Yeosang squealed, jumping on top of the other and hugging him. "Hey, Sang! What're you doing here?" San asked, hugging the excited boy. Jongho came walking into the room, having not run like his little. "Hey San, what are you up to?"
    "Just- just lounging?" San said with uncertainty. Jongho narrowed his eyes, Yeosang looked from San to Jongho and again with clueless eyes. The little whined loudly, pouting. "What's wrong Sangie?" Jongho asked. Yeosang sat up and crossed his arms, saying, "We come here to play! Why we not playing?"
    He pulled the blanket off.
    Uh oh...
    Tears found their way into San's eyes as his friends found out his secret. He was terrified for no specific reason, even though he knew they wouldn't mind. While he was caught up in his thoughts, San didn't notice the tears silently rolling down his cheeks.
    "Sannie? San? Hey." Jongho said, shaking the boy gently. San looked at him, but his eyes seemed to be somewhere else. "San? Why are you crying?" Jongho asked. Yeosang had gotten up off of the couch, scared he did something wrong. As reality hit him like an eighteen-wheeler on a highway, San let out a single broken sob. "I'm sorry..." he said, voice shaking and cracking.
    "Why are you sorry babes?" Jongho asked, sitting down next to the crying boy. San was tense as he was pulled to Jongho's side in a hug. "I'm sorry..." he repeated once more. Jongho sighed and motioned Yeosang over, who looked ready to cry. Yeosang threw himself onto Jongho, tears not quite fallen yet. "Why are you crying hun?" the caregiver asked, feeling San start to relax into his side.
    "Cause I made Sannie cry," he mumbled, face buried in Jongho's shoulder. "You didn't make Sannie cry, I think he's just a little scared is all." San tensed for a second, then relaxed. He was unexpectedly glad that Jongho seemed to know what was going on. "Why Sannie scared?" Yeosang asked, picking his head up. "Because he's wearing a skirt hun." Yeosang looked genuinely confused as he said, "But Sannie wear skirts all the time!"
    Jongho nodded, letting the quiet settle over them while he thought of what to say. San's soft sniffles and odd breathing were the only things heard for a minute or two. "Well, Sangie... I guess he's just scared because he thinks he shouldn't dress up out of little space. He might think we think it's weird or something crazy like that. Can you believe it? Us thinking something bad of Sannie?" Yeosang shook his head.
    "Tha's not weird! Joongie does it too! S'not weird at all!" the little said, accidentally spilling Hongjoong's secret. San's eyes widened as he thought to himself; Hongjoong too?

The front door opened.
    San's body involuntarily tensed up, knowing it was most likely his boyfriend coming home from work. "It's okay Sannie, you'll be okay," Jongho assured him, giving him one last squeeze before letting him go. "San! Lovie, I'm home!" Wooyoung called, walking into the living room. San stood up, wanting nothing more than to have Wooyoung's protective arms around him. He wanted to feel safe.
    "What's wrong, have you been crying?" The question made San tear up. The boy said nothing but stood watching Wooyoung carefully. He was waiting for his boyfriend to notice the clothes and say something. Confused, Wooyong looked to Jongho, who motioned to San's outfit. "You look nice, lovie!" Wooyoung said, smiling at San, thinking he was little. "Really?" His tone was so desperately hopeful, it made Wooyoung so confused he finally had to ask what was going on.
    "San, is something wrong?" San turned to Jongho, pleading with his eyes. "Wooyoung, he's not in little space." the other caregiver explained. Wooyoung nodded, finally understanding what was going on. "So that's why your eyes are all red, huh? Lovie, did you think I'd be anything but supportive?" he asked, pulling San into a hug.
    It was as if a big weight had been lifted from San's shoulders with the affirming words. "Thank you, Youngie..." he whispered just loud enough so Wooyoung could hear it. Wooyoung nodded.
    "Forever and always, lovie."