they see you cry (pt.1)

Will Graham

it was unexpected, to say the least, and you couldn't think of how to explain it to your children. only 10 minutes before, you'd walked downstairs to the living room and found one of the dogs dead. there weren't any physical signs so you guessed it was a heart attack.

you held your hand over your mouth and ran back up the stairs, the other dogs following you. the door opened with a loud creak, causing your husband to jerk awake.

"whats... wrong, love?" he asked sleepily. you didn't say anything but pulled him up from the bed and down the stairs.

"w-whats happened--?" he trailed off when he saw the stiff canine.  slowly he knelt beside it and placed his ear to its chest.

he looked up at you and shook his head sadly. 

a tear fell from your eye and he rushed up to hold you. in all of the time you had been together, he had never seen you cry like that. within moments, you were bawling in his arms. 

he felt so powerless to help and ended up just kissing your forehead and rocking you from side to side. he could feel the tears soaking his shirt but made no move to pull away from you.

Hannibal Lecter

the only time he saw you cry after the 'incident' was when...

~~~~~~

you were sat in the bathroom, the cold marble floor making you shiver. You were so happy for this chance and now that you had begun to feel secure, it was ripped away from you. 

RED.

When you woke up all you could see beneath you was red. there was no sickness but it made you feel sick. you ran into the bathroom, feeling dread trickle down your spine. between your legs, you could feel slick, red liquid.

in the bedroom, your husband arose, stirred by your hurried movements. he quickly gets up and makes his way to the bathroom door, missing the large bloodstain on the bed.

"my love, are you ok?" Hannibal knocks on the door and calls for you. you let out a loud cry at the sight below you. there was blood all over your thighs and you felt dizzy with fear.

"oh- oh god, Hannibal!" you shrieked. The door swung open and he burst through, eyes wide like a shark. "what is it---" he smelled the strong scent and looked you over. You shivered and wrapped your arms around your waist.

He doesn't say anything but you could tell that he understood what this meant. he fell against the wall and slid down, taking your hand and pulling you onto him. the tears kept falling down your face and he just held you tighter.

You'd lost it.