25. THE WAY IT WAS

𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬 ☁️

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴♡

𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲

●○○○

○●○○

○●○○

○○●○

○○●○

○○○●

○○○●

marianne sentiments réciproques❣
LIKES *** | COMMENTS ***
TAGGED; madders

username01 YESSSS

username02 ask me if i'm crying yall
↳username03 are you crying?🥺
↳username02 YES

username04 i mean.. soulmates.

username05 MEANT TO BE. I CALLED IT.

username06 i KNEW it

username07 my #jarianne heart

username08 i just know @benchilwell is happy
↳benchilwell you bet i am !

madders love you forever and unconditionally❤
↳marianne you have my heart forever❣

haileyjenkins heard you had a lovely time in a bathroom hun?
↳marianne sod off hun💙

username09 credit demarai pls, he looked frustrated taking these in his instagram stories.
↳demarai thank you hun❤

neelsvisser :)
haileyjenkins stfu

real life !

The Parisian wind crawled through the open window of the hotel and Marianne shivered. Her body instantly moved closer to James aching for his touch and heat.

James, already awake smiled, brought her head to his neck, his hand coming to pet her head.

Her smile instantly grew and her eyelids fluttered, indicating that she was awake.

"Good morning" she smiled, her croaky voice making James weak.

"Morning beautiful" he replied, shivering as her nails drew over his tattooed arm.

"I know we just woke up but... can you get me some coffee and a croissant?" the brunette asked, her mouth dangerously close to his and her smile the biggest it's ever been.

James smirked "Babygirl, we already have a brunch date planned with Hailey and Ben."

The girl, tilted her head, realisation finally hitting and the memories flooding back from yesterday night.
Frankly, the wine and the food, kicked in her sleepiness.

"What time is the date? Are we late?"
she asked, concerned.

"It's... let me check" James replied, leaning over to his side to check his cellphone.

Her eyes fell on his lockscreen. It was a picture of them kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower. She smiled, nearly tearing up as she remembered how far they've come.

It was now February, and the couple was back together. It took a while for them to bounce back but they did, and here they were- celebrating their one year in Paris, with their friends.

Back in Leicester, they were house-hunting and already adopted a new puppy, Diego's sibling- Simba.

Life was back to how it was. Perfect.

"It's 7:30 and our date is at 9. Maybe you wanna start getting ready love because frankly, you still smell like sex" James replied, sending her a smirk and a wink as his eyes roamed her sheet covered body.

His girlfriend jokingly slapped his arm, and got up entering the shower.
The boy, just slouched back on the bed. He picked up his phone, thumb tracing the lockscreen.

Smiling, he opened the bedside table and there it was. The velvet box. With trembling hands, he picked it up and opened it. The ring, mixed with the light that was bouncing on the window was shimmering.

He remembers the day he finally decided to do it. He knew instantly that this woman was the one but that cold night in January when Ben started the conversation about marriage on the boys' night, it's like he didn't even have to think about it.

His teammates were talking about whether or not they would marry their girlfriends. He saw his friends contemplating, but he didn't. He knew he wanted it. And that's when he realised.

Everyone knew. Except Marianne. Even her parents knew. James, wanted to do everything by the book so he asked for her parents' permission and everything was set in place.

All was left was for him to pop the question. And he would. Tomorrow night. At their anniversary date.

Slowly placing the box back on the table, he made his way to the bathroom to pay his girlfriend a visit.

"James, get your dirty ass out of my shower, I'm not doing this right now"

"But..."

"NO!"

author's note
👀👀👀👀👀👀
you're welcome.