20. PROMISES

𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬 ☁️

    𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬 ☁️

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER TWENTY.
𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴♡

real life !

Her shirts were piling inside the suitcase, one after another, leaving the closet hangers, some of them only to end up scattered on the bed because she missed her target.

Tears left her eyes like a river and her body was close to giving up. Her heart ached like never before- she didn't even think pain like this was possible.

Diego was crying at her feet, his paws scratching her wobbly legs softly barking, trying to make her pay attention to him, but it didn't work.

Her phone was buzzing like crazy at the night stand next to their bed but she didn't mind checking it. Marianne knew it was him calling.

He had already sent hundreds of messages, called her numerous times, tried to facetime her, even Ben made his attempts but to no avail. She already knew and his excuses would do nothing but make things worse right now.

He had informed her through messages that he was taking the first flight back to Leicester but nothing he could ever say or do now, would save the situation.

Shoving the last of her things inside the bags she closed them and sat on the bed. Wiping her tears she picked Diego up, placing him on her lap.

A honk was heard from outside indicating that Hailey was there. She drove all the way from Manchester to pick her up when Marianne announced that she was leaving their love nest in Leicester.

Picking her stuff, she bent down hugging their pet "I'm so sorry Diego, but your dad messed up really bad. I'll miss you"

She left her goodbye letter on the kitchen counter and with heavy steps, she slowly made her way to the door and with one last look, she left the five happiest months of her life behind her.

When James entered the house, the sound of his suitcases dropping and his panicked steps around the house woke Diego up.

James ran around the house desperately looking for a sign of Marianne. When he found absolutely nothing he made his way downstairs, where he made eye contact with a piece of paper on the kitchen counter.

Slowly and carefully he took it to his hands, like it was the most precious thing he had ever owned. Tears formed into his eyes and he started reading.