21. EMPTY

𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬 ☁️

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘺♡

𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲

marianne your loss babe🥂LIKES *** | COMMENTS ***

LIKES *** | COMMENTS ***

username01 she's so POWERFUL

username02 you are so loved <3

username03 you blessed my day

username04 your body is a 🌌blessing🌌 girl

username05 that post break-up GLOW

username06 i'd let you break my heart

username07 OBVIOUSLY HIS LOSS

username08 hot mama

username09 uwu

username10 pls date me lol

haileyjenkins ALWAYS HIS LOSS BBG

real life !

Time for Marianne went on pretty quick after the split. She kept herself busy, taking every deal that came her way, to stay busy and not think about him.

That didn't mean she was succesful at it. Every night her pillow counted hundreds of tears as she cried for hours on end leaving the makeup artists wondering why her eyes were always so puffy.

It had been three months since she left Leicester and everyday hurt more. At night she would look at the pictures in her camera roll and wonder where she went wrong. Why did the love of her life go behind her back and do the one thing she was afraid of happenning? Did she mean that little to him? All their vows for unlimited love were fake?

She didn't throw away anything of his. Their photos were still on her phone and some of his hoodies still on her closet. The ones she had claimed as hers throughout the relationship.

He had packed them for her. That one time Hailey went to pick up the rest of her stuff, those two hoodies were at the bottom of the suitcase, almost like they were hidden. She could still smell his cologne, and sometimes she would sleep in them. Progress was not being made. On the outside everything was great, but on the inside... she was slowly dying.

James was way worse. He hated himself every single day for ruining a perfect relationship. Even Ben and Demarai had stopped talking to him and ignoring him for a couple of days.
They hurt as much as the couple did, they thought they would get married soon.

Life for him consisted of training and training only. He didn't go out, didn't socialise with anyone beside his teammates and Diego.

Diego missed his momma more than anything. When James would lose track of time scrolling through Marianne's instagram and trying to keep up with her life, even from a distance, he was next to him crying with his dad and licking the salty tears that slid on his cheeks.

It pained him to see that she was moving on, that life was moving on, and she wasn't in his life to make it move easier and happier.

His performances were getting worse and every game was getting more and more difficult for him. The 90 minutes seeemed way too many. All he wanted was to go home and sleep.

Both of them had lost a lot of weight and were getting miserable every single day. None of them knew about Hailey's and Ben's relationship. They didn't want to pain them even more by showing off their happiness. Everything was kept on the down low until they found the right timing.

But there never was a right timing. They were getting worse day by day and pain never seemed to go away. And that's what they had to
understand.

That James and Marianne would never be over each other. They would always keep this relationship closer than any other. And that the mention of each other's name would always pain each other.

And things would go south in the weeks following at Ben's birthday party...

author's note
so so sorry this chapter had
no dialogues but the next one
will. i promise !!! i jus needed
to set the scene