•𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗼•

Start from the beginning

"As true as that may be I don't want to hear it thank you very much" Vince said, laughter tinting his voice taking off his jacket at the same time and throwing it directly at Doc who catches it rather ungraciously and placed it down on the couch "So, what bits we doing first?"

"We can record my bass and Tom's drums like usual- Vin you come with us and get used to the sound of the backing track with the lyrics, Mick you mind working on the guitar riff while we do that?"

"Sure thing" Mick agrees while heading over and collecting his guitar, Vince then moved to the other side of the room as Nikki nods and stands up aswell getting his bass- I then looked to River and reluctantly glance at Doc.

"Can you watch Riv? We can still see her but y'know we need somebody to stay with herbs seems as Doug ain't here, you mind?"

Doc looked surprised as fuck at the request but nodded regardless "Er-.. yeah, yeah sure, you do what you gotta do man"

I nodded sending a last look at my daughter slowly getting up and walking into the recording studio to Nikki who was plugging in his bass "Yo, babe, I left River with Doc seems as Doug is a no show today- we can watch him if you want"

He nodded as he moved the wires on the floor with his foot "That's fine but yeah, let's just keep an eye on him incase he gets weirded out or other some shit"

As much as we both accepted Doc's apology we still weren't confident that he'd be alright to be alone with River- we trusted him to an extent, we knew he'd never hurt her but maybe because he doesn't really have an emotional connection with her then he'd be more likely to leave her for a moment or turn his back on her and sometimes a moment is all it takes for a bad thing to happen.

Vince then came into the room and looked back to where River and Doc are "You comfortable leaving Riv with him after all the shit he gave ya?"

I shrugged "Don't really have a choice"

"I could watch her, I mean I know eventually I'll have to come here and sing but Doug'll be back tomorrow and we can just do y'all's instruments today- I'll get the song down easily it doesn't matter" he smiled sounding eager to spend more time alone with River.

If it wasn't for River looking so obviously like Nikki and I then you could probably mistake Vince as her parent judging by how close they were to one another.

Nikki nudged me and stuck out his bottom lip briefly telling me he was okay with the suggestion with Nik being okay with this I saw no issue to say yes to the singer "Course you can, dude"

The blondes face lights up as he grins and rushes out of the room straight over to River not giving us a second glance, I chuckled to myself heading over to my drum kit, I heard Nikki laughing to himself too "Y'know Tom, I think we shouldn't adopt Vince because the way he acts around River he may as be a kid- I think he'd appreciate the extra time with her to be honest"

"Could you imagine that though? We'd never get any fucking sleep or quiet time again with Vin's consistent whining and River's attention seeking ass... well that could count for Vince too now I come to think of it but y'know what I mean"

"Tommy, you can't complain about that though and neither can I, we're both attention whores" Nikki points out now standing a few feet away from me as we wait for further instructions on when we can begin recording.