•𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲•

A/N: This chapter in retrospect doesn't do that much for the plot, I just wanted to bring back a character which hadn't made an appearance in a while.

This is basically calm before the slight storm going to occur in the next chapter.

•☘️•

Nikki's POV

It was the next day and Camilla was coming over to see me soon, I haven't actually seen her in a few weeks- I spoke to her the other day to arrange the meeting for today but nothing on that phone call was particularly important.

I needed to fill her in a some things properly because she has become a very good friend of mine- kinda inevitable after how supportive she was towards me. She didn't know everything, as I mentioned briefly before- we spoke about some of the things I did when I was on drugs and the fact that she forgave me for how I treated her but we've never really fully discussed my recovery and the therapy.

Really, I needed to sit down with her and tell her what I'm discussing with my therapist like my mom and the temptation of drugs, even talk to her about Tommy and about this second kid he wants so badly. I still didn't know what to do about it, I was letting him down if I didn't give it to him but if I do, I don't know if I'd even fucking survive that depression again- I needed Camilla's opinion on it and I needed it now.

The wait was almost painful, I had nobody to talk too seems as Tommy was out at his parents house with River- he left about an hour ago and I'd been sitting here for about 30 minutes now just wanting to see my friend.

I got lost in what I was going to talk about with Camilla that I lost track of time completely- this happened to me a lot, always had and always will I guess.

Before I knew it there was a loud knock at the door which almost gave me a literal heart attack, I got up and walked to the door unlocking it and pulling it open to be greeted my Camilla who smiles brightly at me and I couldn't help but return it as I stepped forward and hugged her, picking her up off the ground as she was a good 4 or 5 inches shorter than me.

"Nikki!" She laughs as I carry her inside the house kicking the door closed and placing her down on the sofa before sitting back down myself a second afterwards "How have you been?" She asks still laughing.

I let out a chuckle of my own before saying "I've been okay, been feeling more and more like myself everyday"

"Good to hear"

"So, how are you?" I asked smiling wanting to hear how she was because I have a feeling the atmosphere won't stay light for much longer.

"Great actually, it's good too see you, you definitely look better everytime I saw you- how's Tommy and River?"

"Tom's as bat shit crazy as ever and River's heading in the same direction- now she's started walking and talking there ain't no stopping her"

Camilla grins "Yep, it's around that point when kids become annoyingly loud- gotta love them though, can't believe she's over a year old, that time has flown by"

"I know it's crazy, but time kinda got lost for me last year, didn't really know what day it was half the time... sometimes days felt like years other days they felt like seconds" I admitted because it was true, my time perception just got fucked over like everything else, when I thought it was a Saturday it was a Wednesday- when I thought it was June it was August... how the fuck am I still alive?