•𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲•

•☘️•

Tommy's POV

It was the night after Deana's visit and tonight I decided I was going to take Nikki out to dinner to try and take his mind off his mom and thought that this time yesterday he'd almost reverted back to his '87 mindset.

All we did for the rest of yesterday was cuddle, Nikki seriously needed the comfort and I was happy to give it to him, yesterday had honestly really scared Nikki, I think it was because he realized how easy it'd be to slip back into his addiction- he was scared because he was so close to giving in and his mom had awoken the demons inside his head that he'd been fighting so hard to rid himself of.

Basically, he was suffering.

He'd hardly spoken a word since yesterday morning and I was worried about him, Mick had collected River an hour ago to give Nikki some peace and to help him get his mind back on track- he was currently laying on our bed just kinda staring into space.

I'd been standing in the doorway for a while watching him with a heavy heart not knowing what to do to make him feel better, it hurt to see Nik like this, so put out. I sighed and decided to make my way over to the man laying down next to him wrapping an arm around him as I pulled his back to my chest, holding him tightly- a few seconds passed before I heard a small sniffle come from Nikki and small sobs escaped his throat "Oh, baby... don't... don't cry, please" I whisper to him pressing my lips to his cheek.

"W-why'd she h-have to do t-..this to m-me? Why c-can't she j-just leave me a-..alone"

"I don't know... I don't know but she's gone now, she's gone and I'm not letting her near you again, your safe Nik, everything's fine"

"She's g-gonna come back, s-she's gonna come back a-and t-take River f-from me... she d-doesn't accept m-me and I k-know she doesn't accept River... I don't know w-why she wants t-..to see her but s-she does... she's g-gonna come back and I-I can't go through what h-happened yesterday again"

"I know, I'm going to make sure that woman doesn't come anywhere near our daughter, I promise.. and she's never gonna come near you again while I'm around, I'm always going to protect you, okay?"

He nodded and turns over so he's laying his head on my chest, entwining our legs together at the same time, my fingers gently massaged his scalp as I lulled him asleep "I love you" I mumble although I know he can't hear me.

•☘️•

A few hours later Nikki stirred back into consciousness, I'd been awake the entire time contemplating what to do so when Nikki lifted his head and made eye contact with me I smiled "Welcome back to the world of the conscious"

Nikki managed to give me a small smile in return "Hi"

"You feeling better?"

"I don't know what I'm feeling... I'm so fucking confused" he sighed sitting up running a hand down his face in frustration, I sat up too and rested my chin on his shoulder snaking an arm around his torso.

"It's okay to be confused... hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight for dinner? I thought it's be nice to spend some time alone, you wanna go?" Nikki fell silent which made me quickly add "You don't have to, I don't wanna pressure you into anything"