•𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝘂𝗻?•

A/N: This is the same day as the last chapter and is the interview Tom and Nik did, just in case you thought I'd skipped it 😂

•☘️•

Nikki's POV

So, Tommy and I were in New York- we'd just arrived at the MTV studio and both just been hooked up to microphones and sat on a couch having our hair sprayed with hairspray, not that it was needed but still I wasn't going to say no.

I was finding it funny watching the producers run around behinds the camera but then focused the man I assumed to be out interviewer and watched him carefully carefully- trying to gauge how much of an asshole he will be. As I was doing my quick assessment though Tommy spoke up "Nikks?"

"Yeah?" I hummed.

"You good?"

I nodded "Just trying to gauge this dude on my asshole scale"

Tommy laughed "Me too, but it'll be fine- asshole or not"

"I feel like even if he's a nice guy it won't matter when he asks about River or rehab cause I'm not gonna like it which is gonna make me not like him"

"He's just doing his job... we agreed to this, we agreed to the topics... this ain't on him..."

"I know" I said simply "I'm just gonna hate the questions... I don't wanna think about last year at all"

"It happened Nik, no matter how much you might wanna change it... but it's all in the past, we all learnt from it, okay? Relax.. I love you" Tommy said in a calm soothing tone which did help get myself together.

"Love you too" I muttered grabbing Tommy's hand and entwining our fingers- a few minutes then passed before our interviewer sat down- he then also told us that his name was Sam, not that that helps in any fucking way but still, useful to know I guess.

We greeted him before the producers said for us to cut straight to the interview- miserable bastards obviously.

We then got the que for the cameras to begin rolling and Sam got to work "Tommy, Nikki... it's good to see you both- how are you?"

I glanced at Tommy and smiled "Yeah, we're good man- great actually"

"Glad to hear it. So, there are quite a lot of things which people want me to ask you guys cause I think it's safe to say your lives have been pretty hectic lately"

"Putting it lightly there" I laughed trying not to sound bitter as I did it and I think I did a pretty good job given everything.

"First things first let's just catch up with some casual conversation - pretty much everyone knows that you two have a daughter, River, how old is she now?"

"Er, 19 months" Tommy replied instantly.

"Damn, doesn't seem 5 minutes since the two of you were announcing the pregnancy"

"Tell us about it" I muttered "Time went out the window pretty quick to be honest- sometimes I look back and it doesn't seem that long but then others it seems like decades... the last kinda 2 years have been a journey for sure"