•𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄•

•☘️•

Nikki's POV, July 1988

Tommy and I had received a call last week just 3 days after we arrived in Canada from MTV saying they'd like to do an interview with us in New York- we'd agreed to it after discussing it with Doc and Doug and okay-ing the topics they wanted to discuss- they wanted to know about the new album and a few questions discussing River but we expected this and then some general shit like inspirations for certain albums and songs and shit like that.

We left later on today for New York and were there for 2 days, the interview is tomorrow then the next day will be the flight back.

While we were in New York Vince had offered to look after River, which we appreciated because it would be nice to have a couple of nights to ourselves without the chance of being woken up- Tommy was currently packing the last of the few items we were taking while I was in the kitchen with River feeding her and myself in the process.

River was now on partial solid foods aswell as milk which was definitely proving to be interesting, Tommy liked to basically give her everything you could possibly imagine to try and see what she liked and what she didn't, if she liked it she'd definitely be vocal about it, if she didn't then she throw what I've called a 'Tommy Tantrum' because she acts so much like Tommy in those situations it's scary.

Soon, Tommy came bounding into the kitchen kissing me then kissing River before throwing himself into a chair at the table. I took a bite of my toast and offer the other piece to my husband who takes it without hesitation.

It's Tommy, he never turns done free food when it's offered to him.

"What time we gotta leave again?" The drummer asks still chewing his bite of toast.

Unlike Tom, I actually finished chewing my toast and swallowed it before responding "We drop Riv with Vince at 12pm, our flight leaves at 3. So, that means we have two hours before we need to be at Vin's- I'm taking a shower after this and before you ask, no, you can't join me- we don't have time to fuck today"

"Nik" he pouts.

"No" I insist taking another bite of toast watching the man, he just sends me puppy dog eyes. This bitch... "Fine, but later on when we get to the hotel- we really don't have time now"

Tommy's eyes lit up "That a promise, babe?"

"Yes, now shut up and eat" I deadpanned picking up the last bit of toast and placing it in my mouth, pushing my chair back and washing my plate up as Tommy sat- still eating.

Then I went upstairs and got myself showered, dried my hair and changed into fresh clothes in a rather quick-for me- 20 minutes, I think the last time I was that fast in the shower was the day I went into labour.

Tommy then came up the stairs as I was sprayed my hair with my beloved hairspray moving onto my eyeliner the second Tommy entered the room "Yo, what's crackalakin'?" Tommy announced as he threw his shirt at me almost knocking my hand as I ran the eyeliner along my eyelid.

"Your face if you throw shit at me again" I glared a through the mirror holding my eyeliner pencil tightly.

"You wouldn't hurt me, you love my face too much"