Her Definition of Fun

Within a few days, Tansy was inseparable from Raz. She didn't seek him although her eyes lit up whenever she saw him, even if she didn't understand why she loved his company so much. The tingles one experienced upon discovering their mate wouldn't surface until her wolf woke within her. But the desire to be near her mate would burn within Tansy forever. Albeit, Raz needed to be near her more than he needed to breathe.

Lex adored Tansy, followed her around and did whatever she asked without hesitation. Even Mina did what she asked, delight filling her eyes whenever Tansy gave her a task. So far, it was only building a pillow fort and helping Kaden with his errands. Through all of it, Raz remained at Tansy's side, watching her like he found the most precious treasure. My father pouted a bit, since Tansy focused more on Raz than him. Kaden laughed about it when he noticed and I nudged him. He stopped snickering under his breath, but still grinned about it.

My father hesitated to leave, since he enjoyed the freedom of belonging to Kaden. No matter how big a problem appeared to be, when Kaden considered it, it became smaller and less severe. My father confessed to me he felt that way and I grinned, telling him it was like for me too. Xander overheard us and laughed, assuring us it was like that for the entire pack. Kaden just had a way of making you feel safe no matter how terrible the world was.

After my father spent a few more days with us, watching over Tansy with a smile of delight, my mother entered the kitchen after Kaden. My mate appeared bemused, which was what drew my attention to his approach. When I saw my mother, I quirked my brow. Her eyes were focused on my father, then Tansy, and I realized he never told her. Shaking my head, I intended to tease him until she glanced at me and cowed me with her knowing gaze. I hadn't told her either.

"So, this is your infatuation," my mother greeted and my father flinched then looked at her with a guilty expression.

"My love, my life, my lovely mate," my father gushed, standing to hold her hand with a gallant smile. "This is Tansy, our granddaughter." When my mother glanced at me, I shrugged and my father chortled. "She is of the pack we sent our daughter to, the one Kaden reported for abusing every member by forcing them to fight for food. Young Bran picked her out of the group of pups and sent her to Kaden, knowing he'd fall in love and take her in as his own. Kira fell in love too, so she is our granddaughter."

Shaking her head a little in shock, my mother knelt when Tansy approached with a grin of delight. "Hi," my pup greeted with Raz only a step behind her. "Papa says you're his mate and my grandma." I snickered when mom smacked dad, then embraced the little girl like she was made of glass.

"She's a mini Kaden," I warned with a grin. "She acts so much like him, it's impossible not to adore her."

"Sometimes she acts like you," Kaden scoffed and I grinned. He was so willing to share her love, whereas I wanted to snuggle close to this small version of my mate and hog her attention. If I could lock them away from the world and keep them to myself, I would. But it would stifle them, and pain them to be away from those who needed their gentle love. Hence why I knew Tansy was destined to be an alpha. The need to tend was strong within them, at least with Kaden's line. From what Bran and my father told me of Lyle, this alpha line adored caring for their pack with a gentle hand.

When my parents followed Tansy around like puppies, Jax stared at us with amusement. "The pup is occupied," he noted, "do you need a giant sign?"

Kaden furrowed his brow, and Jax shook his head while I wondered if he meant what I thought he did. Eyeing me, the beta nodded, then tilted his head towards Kaden's room. I didn't need to be told twice, and grabbed my mate, pulling him through the hall with haste. Life gave us a wonderful gift, and I doubted we'd ever receive so golden an opportunity again. Although, my parents would adore fawning over Tansy every chance we gave them.