//12: hush// *

My hands fumble with the phone as I hold my breath.

"Something's wrong?" I ask.

"Come home."

"I can't, I'm not-"

"Where are you?" Matty's mom stops in the doorway. I look to her but keep my smile bright.

"I'm upstate?- I'll send Chelsea over..."

"No. I need you." I crumble the fabric of my jeans in my hands and look down at my feet.

Him pleading makes my heart swell. I would run to him if I could but I'm with Matty and I shouldn't feel this way but I know that'll never happen.

Hang up, I tell myself. I should just hang the phone up and finish my chat with Matty's mother but I honestly feel like something's horribly wrong.

"I'm gonna call chels, she'll be right over, okay?" I quickly hang up and it takes all I have. I redial Chelsea's number and wait for her to answer.

"Miss me?" She answers. I can hear the thumping of- a party maybe in the background.

"Chelsea. Can you go to Adam's house for me and check on him please, it's an emergency."

"What? I can't hear you." I hear the music grow softer as she shuts a door behind her.

"I think there's something wrong with Adam, can you go check on him please?"

"What happened?" Her voice sounds panicked now.

"I don't know but he called me and said something was wrong, please?"

"Yeah, I'm going now. I'll call you when I get there."

"Okay." I hang up and look up to the doorway, Matty's mom is gone and I hear talking from within the house. I follow the sound and come to the kitchen where she's standing in front of a man and he's holding her hand.

"He's home?" He asks.

"He took Louis out but he'll be back." He kisses her forehead and walks toward me, finally spotting me and smiles.

"And who is this?"

"Oh, this is Matty's girlfriend. Joclin." He smiles at me, holding his hand out for me to shake. I take it and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Welcome." He says and lets me go. Matty's mom looks at me with big eyes and watches him as he goes into the other room and up the stairs.

"That's my husband Edward. He'll be spending the rest of the weekend with us hopefully." She sees my bags by the side of the door and grabs them. "Let's go get you settled in."

Matty

I'm already ready to go home. We've been at Louis girlfriend's house for about two hours and I'm sick of it already. There's people in the back doing drugs and Louis and Aubrey- I think her name is- are practically fucking right in front of me.

"Dude! Go get a room."

"Chill the fuck out." He yells back, kissing her on the neck. I get up and storm out into the fresh air. The first thing I do is call Joclin but she doesn't answer. I try again but it goes straight to the voicemail. From behind me I hear the door open and slam shut. Louis standing behind me, buttoning the rest of his pants.

"Seriously?" He smiles at me and starts walking to the car.

"I know your being all moody because you miss your lady so let's go." He pouts at me and opens the door. I stay where I am still going through my phone.