//15: heal// *

Matty pulls my fingers the grooves of his and kisses them, placing them back in his lap.

"Are you cold?" I shrug, although even with the heat on its highest setting I am still pretty cold.

"A little." I say. Before Matty can even lift his arm to take the jacket from his body Adam thrusts one forward.

"Here you go." I smile back at him and put the sweater on.

"Thanks." Matty furrows his eyebrow, mocking him as he pulls into the parking lot of the building.

"It's just a sweater." I mouth into his palm. He sneaks a kiss on my forehead and parks.

"Okay, we're meeting them inside. Adam, can you go ahead." I see him through the rear view mirror, look up from his hands and nod.

"Yeh, I'll go."

"See you later." I wave him off. He slams the door shut and walks over to the entrance.

"Can we just turn around?" He asks. "I'd rather just lay I bed with you all day than go to some shitty event with my shitty family." I smack his chest.

"They are not shitty. I love them, I mean I've only really met your mother but Louis seems nice and your dad-" he glares at me just bringing him up.

"My dad? My dad's not nice. He's a fucking asshole."

"Well don't think about him. Think about your lovely mother who's trying so hard for you to have a good time." He looks up at the roof of his car and finally down at me, huffing.

"Fine-"

"Let's go, then." I step out of the car and walk around to grab his hand and we both walk in together. Everyone is already standing around in a circle. His mom is handing out yellow wrist bracelets. I take mine and have Matty tape it on for me.

An instructor comes over with a harness, her blonde hair bobbing from side to side.

"Hey guys!" She so cheery it lights up the gloom on Matty and Adam's faces or maybe it's just the tight leather suit excentuating her full figure and bust line. I squeeze harder on Matty's hand until he starts laughing.

"Calm down-they're not even that big." He whispers in my ear, causing me to squeeze harder.

"Okay everyone-" she says cutting us off. "Right now I'm going to teach you how to perfectly fasten a harness so we can start climbing, sounds great?"

"Great!" Matty shouts.

"Okay, well we start here-" she stars to instruct everyone. I stare back at Adam who's face is blank. It's not expressionless but it's not like - Adam. I step back a few inches assuring Matty that I'll be back in a few and grab Adam's hand pulling him back.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He just looks at me with a blank stare.

"I really need to talk to you."

"Yeh, of course."

"Privately."

"Okay." I go to pull him further outside from our group but here comes Matty waltzing around the corner.

"Are you coming?" I hear Adam huff a sigh of frustration but I follow Matty.

"Coming." I say.

"What-" he stops shaking his head.

"What?"

"Nothing. Go grab a belt." I roll my eyes at him and go to grab one. Matty's mom waves us over for the last lane in our row.