//7: cobblestones// *

A/N: there will probably be a lot more of these to come because since this is a very different writing style that I am used to I don't know if I'm bringing a lot of emotion or concept to the book. Feedback would be great and commenting/voting would be perfect. I enjoy writing this book and I hope you so to.

It's storming outside, not usual weather for New York but then again not unusual. These are the type of days I like to sit on the balcony and stare out over the rolling hills of apartment buildings and manufactures and imagine that things are simpler.

For Matty these are the days that he pulls out his notepad and starts to write down different lyrics. He pauses biting down on his pencil and stares at me. I know that he's still hurt from what I said last night but right now everything is silent.

He hums along to some tune floating around in his head, then nods, and goes back to writing. I always wonder what goes on in his head. What would make someone like him be with someone like me? An emotional wreck with so much baggage I could bury the whole state of New York in it and he would be walking right behind me picking it right back up. Sorting my whites and my delicates. Telling me that it'll all get done.

I think if I did not have him right now I would be dead, honestly dead. There's too much going on in my head that its hard to decipher which ones are relevant and he's the only one that makes it all clear.

"Hand me my guitar?" He asks me, breaking the silence. I lean over his bed and grab it, giving it to him.

He puts it on his lap and sits the notepad down strumming a few soft cords and humming again.

"Sing for me." I tell him. He looks at me confused and then back down at his guitar. His lips part and then he stops.

"You're not gonna like it."

"It doesn't matter what I like. I just want to hear your voice."

"Okay." He shrugs. I close my eyes and let the music slowly sedate me and he begins to sing.

"Rushing in a small town I forgot to call you//I'm running low on know how this beat I made for two//cause I remember that I liked you, no matter what I found//she said its nice to have your friends round we're watching the television with no sound//-"

"Is that it?"

"Partially."

I look at him through my lashes. It's never been this tense between the two of us, and with the whole Adam thing still lingering in the air I don't even want to speak. I still have majority of my things at his house and some at Chels' so if he doesn't want me around anymore I can go easily. To her house at least.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I don't know. Are you?"

"We'll when you say it like that, no."

"I'm sorry. I'm just wondering where are we."

"What do you mean?"

"You seem mad at me." He tries to read my expressions, like he might just find a hint of sarcasm.

"Are you serious?" I shrug.

"Just because I'm not talking or I'm distant doesn't mean I'm mad at you. I'm not, I'm actually angry at myself."

"Why?"

"Cause I let him get that close to hitting you."

"It wasn't your fault."

He sighs and puts his note pad down.

"Maybe we should go upstate for a couple of weeks. To get away from all of this."