//3: Just goes to show// *

I draw on my red lip stick to tie my whole look together. My sister brought me red contacts and I scavenged up the rest of a vampire costume from my High school years. Jacklin, my sister, curls the ends of my ponytail while I sit on the edge of my vanity waiting.

"I love Halloween," she says. "Everyone can dress up and it's just an expressive Holliday."

"Yet you're not dressing up?" I scoff.

"I am dressed." She unplugs the wand and sprays my hair with some of the hairspray sitting on the counter.

"My tummy is my costume." She rubs the jack-o-lantern that is her stomach. "When you're 8 months pregnant you get lazy when it comes to creativity."

"You need to pop already!" I tease and stand grabbing my fangs from the table.

"I'm trying but I have one more month left." Jacklin's apartment is a cozy little condo type thing on the upper east, filled with baby things for the arrival of their daughter, it looks like a small store. Everything is orange and black-she even took the liberty to go and paint little decals on their windows.

Her husband Beck has decided to dress up as a bigger pumpkin with "daddy pumpkin" written on his chest.

"Ready?" He groans, taking a piece of candy from the bucket.

"Yes!"

"Let's go!" He says leaning down to give her a kiss and grab her hand. He sits the bucket outside of the door before we walk to the car.

The place is so packed it takes me forever to find the rest of our party.

"Hey lovely." He says grabbing the sides of my waist and pulling me into him.

"Hey." I fold into him. Both of us are in the same outfits, him being based more on a traditional vampire.

"I could bite you right now." He whispers into my neck.

"Don't." I giggle. He sways, hugging me harder and we finally pull apart when my sister walks over and says,"this is exactly how this happened." Rubbing her stomach she comes in between us two.

"Trust me sis you do not want one of these hanging on you for 9 months."

We both pull apart laughing.

I don't really care for Halloween parties but being here with my sister and Beck and him makes it better. I'm still exhausted from this week of pure emotional agony, but this is supposed to be the first day of calamity.

I wrap my fingers inside the grooves of Adam's hand and we follow her deeper inside. Beck grabs three viles of some strange drink and an apple cider for his wife. I sniff at it, trying to guess what it is I will be digesting.

"It's green apple schnopps and lemon juice." I crinkle my nose at it and beside me Adam downs the vile.

"It's good try it." I decline giving it to him and flag someone down for apple cider.

I start walking to the makeshift bar on the other side of the room but I'm pulled away, dropping the glass on the carpet and suddenly im  thrown behind the closet door. It slams shut and I'm pressed against it along with the familiar taste of lips.

The darkness clouds all judgment and I immediately send my fist flying, connecting with something hard.

"Ow fuck," he hisses.

"Matty?"

"I missed you." He stands in front of me in yet another vampire costume, holding his hand against his lip, sucking on it.