//8: simple things//*

A/N: This chapter was just everywhere. I will have a better one next week.

She shakes her head at me.

"I didn't want to say it, I don't even know why I said it."

"Because that's how you feel."

"That is not how I feel." She stutters. "You know that I love you and I love that your happy and it seems that Matt makes to happy. " I smile unconvincingly at her.

"Joc, I'm seriously happy for you. I should have said that, I apologize. Sincerely." My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out, seeing Matty's name.

Are you done in there? -matt

On my way out.

"We'll I have to go." I tell her.

"Don't spend your whole visit mad at me okay?"

"I won't." I say and run down her stairway to the car waiting for me.

"Is that it?" He asks grabbing the bag from my hands and throwing it in the back. He runs a hand over his stubble and goes to back up.

"Yeah it is. Did you go to Adams?"

"No, I'm waiting for you."

"Okay." He smile at me and squeezes my thigh, resting his hand there and driving off.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." I say, noticing his worried expression.

"Should I have just went alone? Is this bothering you?"

"No it's fine." I say and lean over to kiss his cheek to make my point. I run my finger down his jawline and let the little hairs tickle my fingertip.

"I love your beard."

"It's not a beard." He says and pushes my face away, laughing. "So are we going to Adam's?"

I bite at the inside of my lip. I don't think I could face him after the state he was in the other night. I would most likely mourn my whole visit and that would ruin everything.

I shake my head,"I think I could manage not going over there and I still have my credit card so if he hasn't shut me out of everything already I could be able to buy a few things."

"Then are we going to the mall?"

I smile at him." Are we going shopping together for first time?"

He glares at me and faces forward,"Yeah and why are you looking at me like that?" He grins at me from the corner of his eye.

"I just like to make new memories with you."

"You're such a dork."

-

He pulls into the parking lot of the thrift mall. It's the only place I ever shop and probably ever will shop. Before I get out the car Matty slams his hand down on my chest.

"What?" I almost scream. I look up and see Adam sitting against the hood of his car and a cigarette in his hand, slowly fading in and out from the cold. He looks intently ahead, completely different for any form of Adam I have come across. My faint piece of Adam sticks out in the way he constantly plays with his hair but his slurred movements destroy all of that.

"I thought you'd want to avoid that." Matty says to me. He's right. I would.

"What do we do now?" I ask.

"We drive away." He goes to put the car in reverse and that's when I see her. Her hair draped down her shoulders and a dinky little Prada bag on her arm. My heart punches at my lungs and that bitter taste of jealously- no disgust spews into my mouth.