Our Aunt meant well, she always did, but at twenty six years old and CEO of mine and Nathan's own company - plus Noah getting married, it was a never ending battle of her trying to set me up on a date. As the middle child of three and Noah already spoken for, I was the next nephew on her hit list. Hence why Samantha was my date.

"And my date?"

"Call Melanie."

"I did, she's got that benefit tonight."

"Then suffer without one," I chuckle, leaving him annoyed.

"So it's okay for Hilda to not pester you about settling down, but she can me?"

"Your the youngest, your safe till am married at least," I shrug.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

AT OUR MOM'S new house across the city, the party is in full swing. Everyone from family, friends, to neighbour's and business associates are here. Half of them are our mothers guests, only noticing some of Noah's high school and college friends plus a few who seem to speak to Tori the most - guessing they are her work friends. I notice Jackson and a small group of teens with him in the corner, sitting in the lounge chairs while Mr and Mrs Blake are talking with our Mom and the happy couple greeting guests near their gift table. The DJ plays music for the older generation, swaying softly to Sinatra or Elvis. In true mother fashion it's turned into her party and I just hope she takes a step back, letting Tori take control of her own wedding rather than it being her party like she has done tonight.

"Am I coming home to play later?" Samantha says, hanging off my neck.

"Your my date Samantha, not a play thing tonight, understand?"

"But I thoug-"

"You thought wrong. No play time tonight, this is a family function and your only here to keep the claws of my Aunt off my back about settling down. You got it?" I tell her with a straight face.

"Bet I can-" she starts to say, wrapping her arms around my neck once again.

Groaning in annoyance, I pull away from her embrace, picking up my drink and looking back at the rest of the party going on around us. Samantha shuffles in her seat, leaning closer to me only this time she wraps her arms around me again, trying to bite my earlobe. I'm really not in the mood for this shit and I'm regretting my decision to bring her tonight. "This is my family Samantha, you need to behave yourself. As soon as the party is over your going back to your apartment, not the house, understand?"

"We'll see baby," she smiles at me in a devilish way, leaning into me again, finally managing to bite my earlobe.

"I need another drink," I groan, pushing her away from me.

Myself and Nathan had known Samantha just over a year and half. We've dated, casually for a few months but never anything serious. Samantha was the kind of girl you took home for the night, not for the long run. As much as she has persisted in the past she wants me and also wants Nathan - I know I couldn't.
   She is a good distraction after a long week at the office, but that's all. You can't hold a conversation with her and that right there is what turns me off. She thinks Brad Pitt should be president because of his looks and that the only important thing in life is Vogue magazine. She is one hell of a estate agent and we've traded contracts back and forth over the time we've known each other. But Samantha is not the kind of girl I want to be around me all the time. There's only one girl I ever think about and Samantha does not even come close to comparing to her.

"Kill me, kill me now bro," I say, standing next to Nat.

"Out of all the girls in your little black book, you choose her?" He chuckles.