Arms

Peeta's POV (again sorry)

"Katniss", I breathe as I embrace her in a hug.

She stays frozen for a moment and I worry she doesn't remember me. Then Katniss wraps her arms around me.

"Peeta?", she mumbles, " Peeta!!!" And her arms tighten around me.

"You remember me?", I say surprised and relived.

"Your voice. Your embrace.", she began to cry on my shoulder.

"But why did you leave. ", Katniss pulled out of our hug and looked at me. Her eyes looked for an answer within my eyes.

And so I begin the story...

3rd person POV

Peeta Mellark was forced to leave his life as an abandoned child. Though he didn't feel like a lonely child. He had friends, an adoptive uncle, and he was in love.

Peeta was forced over seas to a cluster of little islands where a royal family lived and ruled the islands. Turns out he was the son of the royal family. He was angry at them. They told him they left him there to protect him. But what of his younger sister, by the name of Annie. Peeta was crowned prince, by force. He wanted to go back to Panem after years of asking to go back to his friend family. He painted and sketched the pictures he got of Katniss, Clove, and Finnick. Painted and sketched. Sketched and painted. Everytime his mother, the queen locked a princess or dutches or lady royal with him while he painted. Each was a beauty. But he payed no attention as they trailed their fingers on his muscular arms or wore short revealing dresses. For his heart was won by a girl in Panem. The blind girl who couldn't walk without eventually tripping over something. The girl who danced better that she could walk. The girl whom he spent afternoons with reading. The girl who found a puppy on a rainy day. The girl that could now see, who's eyes were no longer a disoriented grey color.

Peeta POV.

I did not tell her about me being in love with her. Not yet.

We sat on the deep green grass; leaning on the willow tree. Its long vines slightly blew in the wind around us.

"Your eyes are so beautiful.", I say to her.

Her grey eyes are deep like a storm but light like silver.

"Yours are so blue. I never noticed that before.", she laughed

"That's not funny Katniss ", I look at her sternly. Never will that be funny.

"I'm so glad your back", she said hugging me tightly.

"You put your arms around me and I'm home." I wrap my arms around her as well.

For what seems like minutes was actually hours of embrace and talk. It was like we met again but already knew everything.

Till the sunset we talked. Years and years worth of things we've done. I started braiding the flowers of the meadow into Katniss's hair as she told me that Cato was gonna ask Clove to marry him but not to tell her cause it was a secret. I told her of my mother and my father and my sister.

"Mother likes dresses and shoes. She loves this poodle named Morris. I call him Mo.

Father goes out to play golf with some of the citizens and bakes with the town baker from time to time. Annie, my sister loves the sea. She spends hours and hours out walking on the beach and by the water pools", She listens.

"You should bring Annie over so we can meet her.", she says excitedly.

"How about I bring her to dance class. She wants to learn. She begged mother to get her a teacher but there isn't one.", I tell her.

"Okay then.", Katniss leans her head on my chest.

Suddenly there is a sound from the bushes and a golden retriever jumps out.

It comes running towards me and sniffs at me then licks my cheek and sits at my feet.

"Hey Dandelion.", I say and she barks a response.

"Come let's go see Clove, Finnick, and Haymich.", Katniss gets up and we walk to Haymich's house.

Sorry I haven't updated. School's super busy and homework.