The Parting Glass

Katniss POV

I walk home singing ,
"Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up"

I spot Peeta sitting on my house's porch with his head in his hands.

"Peeta?", I run up to him and try to pry his head from his hands.

"Peeta are you okay? Peeta?", I lean my head on his shoulder and hug him with one arm.

Then he suddenly he uncovers his face and wraps both his arms around me, tightly.

"Come on.", I say half leading, half carrying him inside my home.

I help him to the loveseat in my living room but he pulls me down with him. His arms are still tightly around me. He wasn't crying I knew that. But he was very upset.

"Peeta? What's the matter?", I whisper in his ear.

"I have to leave again", he mumbled into my neck.

"Its not the end of the world Peet. I'll go visit you in your castle and you can come visit me here. I'll always find you.", I tell him.

"But you are my world", he says pulling away from our hug.

His eyes trailed past mine and to my lips.
Then he embraced me tightly again only with his lips on mine. His lips feverishly moved against mine; like he was pouring every ounce of love he had into my lips.
His arms were still around me but when my arms slid around his neck, his arms tightened. My fingers tangled themselves in his hair; almost pulling at the golden locks. His lips sperated from mine and I climbed onto his lap and kissed him again. He snuck his hands under my shirt and griped my waist. I slipped my hands from his neck and unbuttoned his shirt. I trailed my hands up his muscular chest and slid the shirt off his shoulders. He tried to pull up my shirt but I stopped him.

"Its only fair, you took off my shirt.", he whispered in my ear.

I sat up from leaning on his chest and lifted my shirt up, leaving me with only a red bra. His eyes darkened and he pulled me down again. His lips traced my neck and shoulders. I caught his lips again and his hands trailed up and down my back while mine trailed his bare chest. He picked at the clip of my bra and that brought me back from cloud 9.

"Peeta. No. ", I said and that brought him back too.

"I'm sorry.", he said sincerely.

"I love you", I whispered.

He blushed and whispered back,
"I love you."

Then we noticed that he was laying back on the loveseat and I was on his lap with his hands still on my waist and we laughed.

I climbed off him and put my shirt back on. We make sandwiches and give food to Dandelion and Century, who were playing outside. We sit on the porch eating our sandwiches and drinking chocolate milk.

"When do you leave?", I leaned on his shoulder.

"In 2 days", he says.

"Oh.", I said sadly.

For the next day we hung out with Clove, Annie, Finnick and uncle Haymich. Uncle Haymich took us to the arcade and the park. In the car we sang whatever song was on the radio. Even uncle Haymich.
The day before Peeta and Annie left. Finnick took Annie out to a huge aquarium near the beach. Peeta and I lazied around the meadow and my house. We drank a glass of champagne an hour before he had to go back to his parent's hotel.

He lifted up his glass and said ,"So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all."

The time finally came and he had to leave.
"Buh bye, love.", he said pulling me close and deeply kissing me.

"Love you", I whispered.

"Love you", he whispered.

The climbed into his car and drove off into the darkness.

Our love remains sparked.
Our dance remains to be unfinished.
Our song...unwritten.
And we shall see each other again...soon.

Of all the money that e'er I had
I've spent it in good company
And all the harm that e'er I've done
Alas it was to none but me
And all I've done for want of wit
To memory now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all
Of all the comrades that e'er I had
They are sorry for my going away
And all the sweethearts that e'er I had
They would wish me one more day to stay
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should rise and you should not
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
Good night and joy be with you all
A man may drink and not be drunk
A man may fight and not be slain
A man may court a pretty girl
And perhaps be welcomed back again
But since it has so ought to be
By a time to rise and a time to fall
Come fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all

- Ed Sheeran

A/N: Whoa. I have never written a kissing scene like that. Comment your thoughts.

Peeta left...again. But this time they will meet again without a doubt. Unless I decide otherwise. Hmm....
dun dun DUN!

And I need some help as to what is gonna happen next.... So... Ideas will be greatly appreciated.

- Princess Everlark