𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

WEEKS later, Michael walked into the office feeling refreshed after his vacation to Jamaica. He sighed when no one acknowledged him immediately.

"Hey, mon." He greeted Pam.

"Hey." Pam replied ignoring Michael's attempt at showing her his little braid with beads on it. "You have a bunch of messages, and—that's nice." She sighed, tired of him shaking his head at her. "Also, Hannah quit while you were gone, I guess she memo-ed to file some complaints she had about being a working mother. And so you might have to be deposed."

"Blah, blah, blah, can't Brooklyn do that?"

"No, actually, she called Brooklyn some pretty nasty things on her way out, so there might be a conflict of interest."

"It turns out that Hannah was Monica's friend back in Stamford, one of her best friends actually." Brooklyn nodded. "So, I can see where she got the notion to not like me."

"Aren't you going to ask me how Jamaica was? Say it." Michael end in a whisper. "Ask me."

"How was Jamai-"

"It was so good! Oh!" He then turned to the rest of the office. "Hey, mon! At Sandals, Jamaica, when somebody says 'hey, mon' everybody says 'hey, mon' back."

   "Oh, Michael, I'm glad you're here." Stanley greeted.

   "Stanley, you know what? It is really good to see you too."

   "My bonus check was $100 less than you promised."

   "Okay, well payroll is in charge of all of that."

   "They said I should talk to you."

   "Well, I am just getting settled in. So I'm gonna—"

   "I am not doing a lick more work until I get my full bonus check." Stanley snapped.

   "You are not as much fun as your Jamaican broddas." Michael retorted, with a roll of his eyes, Stanley went back to his desk.

In the kitchen, Jim leaned against the counter next to a quietly irate Karen.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"Nope." Karen huffed before leaving with her coffee.

"I still haven't found an apartment yet, I'm living in a hotel." Karen told the camera. "Yesterday, I saw a 'for rent' sign down the street from Jim, and he said he didn't think it'd be such a good idea. He said it would be like we were living together. In different houses. Two blocks away."

   Brooklyn sighed for what felt like the hundredth time as Michael played the same three notes on his steel drum for Pam.

   "That's all I know so far, but I'm gonna keep practicing." Michael said after striking a pose.

   "That's great." Pam grimaced.

   "Y'know, I had never been out of the country before now?" Pam nodded. "Got to see how Jamaicans live. It is great you know? They just relax, they party all the time."

   "It's kind of an impoverished country." Pam pointed out.

   "Yeah...gosh." Michael cringed. "Pam? Make a note. I want us all to start having piña coladas every day at 3:00."

   "Well, you can't today, we're doing inventory."

   "Inventory's at the end of December."

   "We couldn't do it without you, so we postponed."

   "Oh... I specifically went on vacation so I would miss it."