𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

ANDY pulled into the parking lot of his job, just like he did every morning. Only to realize every parking space was filled. Oscar's car pulled up beside him after having to turn around, both men shrugged at each other.

"W.B. Jones is renovating their offices, and their construction crews are taking up some of the parking spaces we used to get." Brooklyn explained to the camera. She and Jim stood at the entrance of the parking lot gate, just arriving after finishing their trek from the satellite building.

"So we had to park at a satellite parking lot over there." Jim chimed in.

"Which just means that we get to see more of our lovely street. Tell them what we saw today, Jim." She gave a sarcastic smile.

"Oh, today we saw a junkyard dog attacking the bones of a rotisserie chicken."

"Nature."

Elsewhere, Andy and Oscar begrudgingly trudged their way down the street.

"I've been here nine years, then all of a sudden I'm supposed to park half a mile away." Oscar grumbled.

"I lost a penny out of my loafers, Oscar." Andy snapped back.

"I will quit." They heard someone groan from the side of the street. "As god as my witness, I will quit if this is not fixed." Kevin rocked back and forth, cradling his foot.

"Some of us like the walk more than others." Brooklyn shrugged.

"Hurts like hell." Kevin groaned.

Michael sat in his office staring longingly at the office supply catalog in front of him.

"Did you pick a new chair?" Pam asked once she entered. "It's been a while."

"Pam when I first opened this catalog, I thought I was just going to be picking out a chair."

"But instead you found something to distract you from ever picking out a chair." She sighed.

"Michael started the process of selecting a new chair about three weeks ago." Pam nodded. "Normally, I wouldn't care, but Brooklyn promised me her old chair when Michael gives her the catalog. Michael, however, refuses to give the catalog to Brooklyn until he picks his chair out, so now we're at a stalemate."

Michael showed Pam the page he had been staring at.

"Have you ever seen this woman?" He asked.

"Her? The one in the really great mesh, black, hi-back swivel chair?"

"Look at her smile. Those eyes, look at her eyes." The camera zoomed in on the model sitting in the chair. Pam's head dropped as Michael continued to ramble. "She's got— I don't know what it is exactly. She dresses like a professional, and yet you know there is a side of her that could just curl up on a couch."

"Or in a great chair." She added.

"Uh, yeah, maybe, but... remember when I came back from my dinner party when I said that I was swearing off women?" Pam nodded slowly.

"I definitely remember you crying about your dinner party, what happened?"

"God, that's— I wasn't— that's not important right now, I think what I meant was that I am completely swearing off one woman, Jan." He clarified. "I think that fate put this catalog in my hands."

"Actually, I put the catalog in your hand 'cause you have to pick out a new chair." She mumbled.

"What is it like being single?" Michael repeated. "I...like it. I like starting each day with a sense of possibility. And I'm optimistic because every day I get a little more desperate, and desperate situations yelled the quickest results."