𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

TW: gay slur

BROOKLYN watches in disgust as Dwight clipped his nails with unnecessary grunts before blowing the remains in Ryan's direction.

"Yeah, I'm not a temp anymore." Ryan confirms. "I got Jim's, uh, old job. Which means at my ten-year high school reunion, it will not say 'Ryan Howard is a temp'. It will say 'Ryan Howard is a junior sales associate at a mid-range paper supply firm'." He nodded. "That'll show 'em."

   Pam and Brooklyn's eyes met before the latter quickly turned around, unwilling to hold her gaze for too long.

   "I don't think Pam knows that the same man confessed his love for us on the same night." Brooklyn nodded. "I don't know if I should tell her, because I value our friendship and it's something I don't want to lose, but it doesn't matter now, Jim is gone and I am in a happy relationship." Her face held a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

   "I would say that I hate to interrupt, but I don't, Michael I need an office." Brooklyn announced as she entered his office. He and Toby had been talking for a minute and she decided that Toby has enough time to try and get whatever he had to say through Michael's head.

   "Great, we need a third opinion. Brooklyn please tell Toby that it's just a little fun to call someone f*ggy." Michael completely ignored what she said.

   "That's incredibly offensive." She snapped.

   "Yeah Michael, I think Oscar would like it if you just used 'lame' or something." Toby added.

   "That's what f*ggy means!" He defended.

   "No, it doesn't." They replied. Toby then looked down at his file.

   "Apparently you called Oscar f*ggy."

   "Yeah." Michael crossed his arms.

   "For liking the movie Shakespeare in Love more than an action movie."

   "It wasn't just an action movie, it was Die Hard." Michael scoffed.

   "Yeah, because that totally justifies it." Brooklyn rolled her eyes.

   "See?! She understands." Michael hysterically pointed at her.

   "I don't think that's what she meant, but Oscar's really gay, Michael." Toby sighed.

   "Exactly." Michael laughed.

   "I mean for real."

   "Yeah, I know."

   "No, he's attracted to other men."

   "Okay, little too far, crossed the line."

   "Okay, I am telling you, Oscar is an actual homosexual." Toby finally said, Michael sat speechless. "Yeah, he told me this morning, and obviously he hopes he can count on your discretion."

   "I been knew, I was just waiting on him." Brooklyn said. "Also, Toby has a lot of faith, because Michael and discretion do not fit in the same sentence."

   "Michael, I'm serious." Brooklyn firmly states. "Don't you think," she took a deep breath before continuing, "as your 'deputy' I should have an adequate work space?"

"Oh, so you're the Anne to my Robocop." He smirked, Brooklyn bit her lip to keep her eyes from rolling and nodded. "Let's see what I can do for you." He then pretended to shuffle through some files. "I can give you the storage room behind Creed."