𝗼𝗻𝗲

BROOKLYN Bailey sat at her desk as she did every morning, thinking that today would be just another normal day- well, as normal as you could get at Dunder-Mifflin.

   "Good morning, Dwight, Halpert." She greeted her desk mates Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert with a smile.

   "Good morning, Brooklyn." Dwight curtly replied.

   "Morning Bailey." Jim smiled. They began to work just as they always did, when their boss ,Michael, called Jim into his office. As he entered he threw a questioning glance at Brooklyn who just shrugged back.

"Alright Jim, your quarterlies look very good." Michael told him once he took a seat. "How are things going at the library?" He asked.

"Oh, I told you, I couldn't close it, so..." Jim trailed.

"So you've come to the master for guidance." Michael mused. "Is that what you're saying, grasshopper?" He asked in a bad Chinese accent.

"Um, actually you called me in here." Jim clarified. Michael awkwardly glanced at the camera, mumbling something.

"Alright, well, let me show you how it's done."

Back outside Michael's office, Brooklyn now stood in front of reception conversing with Pam Beesly.

"I forgot the documentary thing started today." She spoke, picking up a piece of candy.

"This could be exciting don't you think?" Pam asked.

"Yeah, now everyone can see how exciting Scranton, Pennsylvania is." Brooklyn replied sarcastically.

"Why Dunder-Mifflin, why Scranton? Um, that remains to be a mystery, even to me. I needed the job experience once I graduated and I never left..." Brooklyn told them. "Obviously you can tell I'm from New York by the name, then my family moved down here and I've been stuck here since." She gave the camera a tight lipped smile.

"Oh yeah, corporate sent this fax for you for later on." Pam said handing said paper.

"Thanks, lets hope it's not too-"

"We have the entire floor." Michael said, leading the camera into the front door. "So this is my kingdom, as far as the eye can see. Ah, perfect timing, this is the receptionist ,Pam-bam thank you ma'am, and our office manager, Brooklyn in da house!" He yelled, expecting the two to laugh. "This is, um, the office eye candy, if you will." He mumbled, scratching his nose. "Uh, any messages?"

"Y-yeah, just a fax." Pam answered.

"Pam, this is from corporate, how many times have I told that there's a special filing cabinet for things from corporate."

"You haven't told me-"

"It's called the waste paper basket!" He laughed as he crumpled the paper and threw it away.

"Michael, that was impor-"

"Blah, blah, blah, you need to chill out guuurrl!" Michael said.

"What?" Brooklyn asked, daring him to repeat it again. She sighed, going back to her desk.

"People say I am the best boss. They go, 'God we've never worked in a place like this before, you're hilarious. And you get the best out of us.'" Michael said, he then looked over at his desk to grab something. "I think that pretty much sums it up." He said holding up a mug that read 'World's Best Boss'. "I found it at Spencer gifts."

"Something wrong, Bailey?" Jim asked once she sat down.

"Everything's going...great, Halpert." She breathed. Jim chuckled, ready to reply when Dwight began loudly humming Drummer Boy while cleaning his desk.