𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

TW: Mention of suicide (1)

BROOKLYN stood at the vending one soda in hand as she waited for another.

"Hey!" She greeted Jim excitedly. "I got you one." Grape, his favorite.

"Oh wow, thank you. I was about to get some chips do you want some?" Brooklyn shook her head.

"Nah, but we're still on for lunch, right?"

"Absolutely." Jim smiled. She returned his smile before placing a quick kiss on his lips, unaware of the eyes watching her through the annex window.

The next thing they knew, a memo was handed out about public displays of affection to the entire office, courtesy of Toby.

"Hey Toby, what's this?" Michael asked. "I just want to remind everyone about the company rules involving PDA, or public displays of affection?" He read.

"Yes, some people in the office have complained about some—"

"Oh, really?" Michael cocked his head.

"...other people engaging in PDA." Toby had learned to just keep talking when Michael questioned him if he wanted to get his point across. "And, y'know, I just want to remind that it's not appropriate to do that."

"Is this about me and Jan in my office?" Michael suddenly asks. "Because I will have you know that that was consensual. What we did has nothing to do with you or anyone here. I don't think anyone heard anything, we were very discreet and most people had left by that point. So, I don't think it's any of your business. What I think you should do is roll up the memo real tight—"

"Okay, look, the memo was not about you." Toby interjected.

"For the record, I have never been involved with anyone at work in any capacity." Angela announced causing Dwight to try his hardest not to look sad.

"Alright everyone, it— The complaint was about Jim and Brooklyn." Toby sighed. Brooklyn stood frozen in her spot behind reception as Michael turned towards them, almost as shocked as she was.

"No way." He breathed

"You guys are together?" Phyllis asked.

"Um...yep." Jim answered. "Yes, we are."

"Woah!" Michael exclaimed. "Wow!"

"Tuna!" Andy cheered.

"I knew it!" Kevin said.

"Toby was this your fun little way of congratulating us?" Brooklyn asked.

"...yes." He mumbled.

"Okay mind is exploding, get over here." Michael motioned to Brooklyn. "Stand up." He told Jim as he grabbed both of their hands. Jim just slid his chair closer to Michael, refusing to stand. "Everyone, this is a day that will live in infamy, because today is the day that Jim and Brooklyn become one."

"Actually we've been dating for a couple months." Jim clarified.

"I love you guys so much." Michael bent down and hugged Jim tightly, even going as far as to tuck his into the space between his neck and shoulder. Before he could even stand back up fully, Brooklyn was on the other side of the room.

"Phone's ringing." She pointed at her office.

"No, no, no, Brooklyn, let them ring. Let the bells of Dunder-Mifflin chime out your love, because this is really good. This is really good." Michael emotionally recited. "My heart soars with the eagle's nest."