𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

MICHAEL stood over Pam's shoulder as they watched the popcorn bag rotate in the microwave.

   "I'm hungry!" He whisper-yelled to the camera before chuckling.

   "Mooovie Monday!" Michael exclaimed opening a safe that was in the closet in his office. "The only cure I know for the Monday blues is...Varsity Blues."

   "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Michael chanted, waiting for everyone to pile into the conference room. Brooklyn let out a loud sigh as she shuffled her way into the room. "Alright, everybody here?"

   "Yes." Dwight, who ushered the last remaining stragglers to their seats, replied.

   "Popcorn, anyone?" Pam asked holding a large tray of multiple bags. Michael was the only one to accept the offer. She then placed the tray on the table in the back and sat down next to Brooklyn, placing a reassuring hand on hers.

   "Yeah, Steven and I broke up." Brooklyn nodded. "It turns out we just wanted different things in life... it wasn't some big spectacle—at least not on my part. We were at a party and someone asked us if we wanted kids some day. I answered maybe one or two, but he said that he wanted a bunch, and when I asked him who was taking care of that many kids, he said I was, and that it was my 'womanly duty'. I'm sure you can see why I had to get out of there, so I broke up with him on the spot." She tucked her lips and her eyes trailed to the corner of the room. "We only got to I 'lov' you..."

   "Brooklyn's like my best friend, she helped me with my wedding and my break up, so why not return the favor?" Pam shrugged. "We even got our hair done together and I suggested dyeing it, looks great right?"

"Kevin, would you like to do the scenes from last week?" Michael asked, said man agreed and stood up.

"Why him?" Dwight asked.

"Don't whine, get the windows." Michael scolded. "Previously, on Varsity Blues..."

"Okay, Billy Bob got a head injury, but coach made him play. So then Lance, he gets sacked, and he's out for the year." While Kevin recapped last week's viewing unbeknownst to them, Jan was pulling up to the building.

"Not everyone approves of Movie Monday." Dwight explained. "I won't say who."

"I don't approve, I don't." Angela clarified.

Outside the conference room, Angela pointed Jan to where everyone was hidden.

"Hi, Jan." Michael greeted when she opened the door. "Hope you brought the Milk Duds."

"Alright, movie's over everyone back to your stations." Jan commanded. On her way out of the door, Brooklyn was stopped by Jan. "Actually Brooklyn, I need you to go up to Stamford and meet with their office manager."

   "Today?" She asked incredulously. Jan nodded. "And this couldn't just be a phone call?"

   "No, it needs to be in person. I assure you, you're good at what you do, I just think seeing how other branches operate will broaden your horizons. Feel free to use the company card for gas and a hotel if you want to spend the night there." She explained, her tone left no room for argument. She then stomped off to Michael's office to promptly give him an earful.

   Brooklyn moped back into her newly decorated office mumbling something about 'broadening Jan's horizons' and collected her things. As she passed reception, Pam called out to her.

   "Where ya headed off to?" She asked.

   "Jan wants me to meet with the Stamford branch's office manger to 'broaden my horizons'." Brooklyn mocked Jan's voice.