20 ; His POV

Chan's POV

"Sir, I have some papers I need you to sign." Head Nam enters the room, in a hurry. I snapped my head up to see her gently and swiftly place it on my desk, bow curtly and leave, as if she was on a hurry. Then it was just me alone in this damned office again. Though I worked hard and am satisfied with who I am now, an empty hole inside me eats me up inside. I was lonely. I live alone in my mansion in the hills.

Loneliness was something I was used to when I was a kid. I didn't like talking much. I was sharp and keen with my surroundings. I have to. I'm the eldest son of a distinguished clan. "I should be excelling in all ways" as father always said.

Now he passed this job to me.

I opened the folder, but raised an eyebrow to see that it was just a bunch of resumes. All of them were applying for a job. I skimmed through, to see normal job applications, but one specific resume caught my attention.

Secretary Job Application

Lee Dae Young, huh. I scanned through her achievements, and I was beyond impressed. This woman is a genius at her age. She's at her young 20s. She had plenty recommends from different professors and graduated top of her class in college. Then her high school background. She was part of the student council and a scholar too. She has her goals straight.

I widened my eyes. She has a 178IQ level.

"wow."

And her beauty was something else. She's cute.

I wrote a special note on the paper,

Approved personally by CEOChan.

I tucked it in, until HyeJin burst in with her sourly high tuned voice. "Ceo Baaang!~"

There's this something that I absolutely despise about her. It's not because of how she looks or how kind she can be, but how she invades my personal space and sometimes even, attempt to manipulate my time schedules, clings to me when there's a possibility to and leeches off my energy. 

"What." I looked at her with a death glare.

"Don't need to be so tense around, me Channie."

"Please don't call me that."

It was what Mira used to call me. I hate that nickname now.

"Why? Didn't Mira call you that?" She asked, knowing well that Mira and I ended terms and cut each other from our lives. It shattered me. How Mira, out of the blue, ended us. No explanations. She just let go of me, just like that. And what pains me is that how I know forgetting her won't be easy. She's a well known designer and model. How could I not forget her?

Her face is on billboards, posters and even commercials.

What a curse.

"Please refrain from meddling in my personal business." I wanted to dismiss her there.

"I know, I know. Ah, I'll collect that." She says, then grabbing the folder out of my hands. I seriously hate this woman. But Ms. Lee, I'm praying to heavens that you'll be the one to replace this rude secretary. I want to see your talent. I want to see how far you can go, Ms. Lee. I want to see you grow and how high you'll fly.

-

This music is annoying.

I was at a party of some lawyer who won against a case of some congressman or something. I don't know, I don't like lawyers. They're loud and it annoys me. Well, my sister's an exception.