3 ; Gift

『3』

"You guys should seriously stop fighting, it's not getting anywhere." I took a bite from my rice then sipped from the stew.

"Yeah, Jaebum." Yeonwoo squinted her eyes at Bum who simply shrugged and looked at her with an amused smile.

"Yeah, Jaebum~" Bum mimicked.

"Who was the one who spilled one of my Jack Daniels on the floor?" Jaebum returned the squint to Yeonwoo.

The two ended up fighting over the bottles of alcohol on the refrigerator, resulting to one of the bottles getting smashed onto the floor. Thank goodness no one was harmed by the broken shards of the bottle.

"Besides, I like teasing you." He says, shoving a spoonful of rice down to his mouth.

I sighed. This isn't going anywhere. I continued to eat while the two remained bickering about everything, until I remembered that YeonWoo was supposed to be extended.

"I thought you were going home late?" I ask, making Yeonwoo freeze from throwing a plate at Jaebum's face.

"Well, the head surgeon told me that I already helped in the surgery last time, so he put another doctor to cooperate instead and sent me home." She explained, making me nod.

"Okay then. You'll go with me to Bum's place." I stood up as I finished off my food.

I knew that Bum would invite a lot of people to the gathering, so I would at least maybe invite Yeonwoo so I had company the whole time there. Besides, I'm not a very open and social person, unlike Jaebum, who could befriend a whole class in one day.

"What?! Why would I?" She crossed her arms.

"Free drinks." I simply say, making her sigh. She thinks for a moment before creating a decision.

"Finee. I'll go. But I'm crashing your fridge Jaebum, since you used ours." Yeonwoo stood up, making Jaebum drop his amused smile.

"Yeah, but you're paying me for that bottle."

_______________

We arrived at his condo unit which was only a ten minute drive away. Yeonwoo and I helped him with his bottles, walking across the building hallway.

As I helped Jaebum carry the bottles, it turned out that some people were already outside his condo door. As I squinted my eyes to decipher who it was, I gently put the bottles on the floor and run towards Chaeyoung.

"CHAE!" I yell, tackling the woman with a warm embrace.

I miss her. She's one of the special people that made me feel home whenever I was feeling homesick in Seoul. She's one of the people that I spent my high school life with. She's the older sister everyone ever wished for.

"Dae Young! It's been months since we've seen each other." I let go of the embrace.

"Yeah, and I'm here too." Bam deadpans with a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, I see that." I tease, making him, scoff and roll his eyes. Still a snob, I see?

"Kidding. I missed you to bud."

Bam suppressed a smile, but covered his lopsided subtle grin with a cough. He then nodded and approached Bum, picking up the bottles I placed on the floor. He initiated a conversation with his old bestfriend, while Yeonwoo tailed behind me.

"Ah, Chae, this is Yeonwoo, my roommate. Yeonwoo, this is Chaeyoung, a long time friend." I introduced them to each other.

"Hello!" Chaeyoung smiled, then eyes the bottles Yeonwoo was holding. "Ah, let me help you with those." Chae offered, making Yeonwoo smile at her.