11 ; The War Begins

"So...What's this little plan you're thinking of?" Chan looked up at Jisung, his elbow propped on the kitchen table, his chin resting on his palm.

"Shut up, I'm tryna think of something, dude." Jisung says, his face contorted with deep thought.

We were eating lunch, and Jisung decided to make this a little meeting and brainstorming on how to kick HyeJin out of the company, and as Jisung calls it, AHJ's first meeting.

"You started up the idea and don't know what to do? Bro that's kind of dumb." Minho said, then calmly ate his food.

I sat silent at my seat, eating my food peacefully. Until Jisoo brought up a topic.

"Dae Young-ah?" She asked, as she finished off her food.

"Hm?" I looked up at her.

"Don't you like...Have a crush?" She asked, making me choke on my food, ending to me having a coughing mess.

Chan hands me a cup of water, then handing it to me. He patted my back until I stop coughing violently. I look up at him, meeting his gaze that was filled with concern. It was as if a thread was connecting our gazes to each other.

My heart skipped a beat.

I broke away from the gaze, like the piece of thread snapping.

I glared at Jisoo, who was looking at me triumphantly. Oh I'm going to get this girl someday, and it would make me mirror the same smug look she has right now.

"No. I don't." I deny, making Hannah pout.

"Eh? But it feels amazing to have one! You know? Motivation? It feels good to wake up and think, 'Yay! I'm going to meet him today!'" She smiled, immediately brightening the room with her cheeky smile.

Jisung smiles hazily at her, his eyes filled with adoration. There were practically hearts ringing above his head and an arrow through his heart. This guy has whipped written across his forehead.

But Hannah isn't looking at him. She's looking at Minho, sneaking side glances at him while he eats his food.

Oh no.

"Eh...It's not that great. Crushes sometimes annoy me." Minho shrugged.

"Let loose for a while won't you? Maybe that's why you can't get a girlfriend. You're too uptight." Chan straightforwardly spat fire.

"What? He's not!" Hannah defended Minho.

"Kinda is." Jisung snorted.

Hannah shot him a dirty look, while Jisoo and I sat quietly, already knowing how this is going. I feel like this is a matter between the four. So I drove the topic away.

"So ehm...What about this Anti HyeJin...Thing?" I asked.

"Are we really going to sabotage? It isn't ethical." I say, earning a nod from Chan.

"Exactly. So that's why, instead of sabotaging, just keep a keen eye on her. I'm sure she's the type to sabotage, not us." Chan agreed.

"Actually, I find it really peculiar...I remember marking your papers approved before, but your email said that it wasn't approved." He pondered, making me immediately get an idea.

It was definitely her who fiddled with my job application. The thought of it made me want to shove her head down a toilet and call it a day.

"So yes...She's definitely the type to sabotage." Chan clicked his tongue as he finished his food.

"So...What do we do?" Hannah asked, dabbing her lips with her handkerchief.

"You three don't have to do anything."