27; Dreams

Chan's POV

I widened my eyes. Is this guy crazy? This place is as far as a car can take and Jisung has the time to get over here by wheels? Isn't he supposed to study for his sem finals?

“Did you drive all the way here? Are you crazy? Jisung, it takes seven hours by car from Seoul. You have exams coming up what are you doi—”

“That's what I wanted to talk about.” He sternly said, balling up his fists. His face turned melancholic and forlorn.

“It better be more important than your exams—”

“I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT STUPID EXAM.” He grit his teeth, his fists already starting to shake.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I did not expect that outburst out of no where.

“You what?” I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Call me brat, but I don't care about it. I don't want it.” He angrily spat the last words.

I sensed that this touched his anger and feelings, so I decided to not press on it further.

“I think we should take this talk inside.”

I took him in and prepped a few things for him to get all cozy in our living room. I heated up some left overs and a hot chocolate since I knew that he's cold from the long journey. I didn't want to make him drink coffee since it was already night time.

“Hyuuuung!” Lucas came inside the kitchen, but I gave him a serious look. “Not now, Lucas. Jisung can help you tomorrow morning with your homework. But not now, he and I need to talk alone.” I said, as he looks at me with a frown and sunken eyebrows.

“Being an adult is scary and boring. But being a highschooler is also crap—so life is crap.” He walked away, causing me to lightly chuckle at his words.

“Go to sleep, Lucas.”

“Yeah, yeah! I'll sleep since my brain can't take your boring adult self.” He complained.

I ignore his remark and make my way to the living room where Jisung was. I placed the bowl of food on the coffee table and gave him the warm mug.

“Thanks.” He sternly said, then went on eating furiously. I decided not to comment since he went through a long journey all the way here. As he finished up the food, I spoke.

“So, what's in your mind. What's so important that you drove seven hours to get here with your car.”

“I didn't take the car. I took a train and a cab.”

I widened my eyes, surprised. How could he go through all that hassle to get to this place? Especially at this hour of the night?

“Look. My dad tracks all my cars and puts a tracking chip under it. He took all my cars away from me when he found out that I raced in the streets.”

I almost dropped my jaw. Racing? Wasn't that illegal? Street racing? I decided not to comment since I had to be open minded about it. But Jisung already read my expression.

“Yes. I went on a race alright? It was the best fucking experience of my life. Won a few stacks of cash, but I couldn't care about any of that so I just gave it up and walked away from the track. But don't worry about all that—I wasn't caught.”

“What you did... It was illegal?”

“Well...Yes. But look, I can't help it, okay? I love cars. I love upgrading them and experimenting with a few stuff. Besides, I'm not anything near a criminal. At least that's not what Minho and Hannah think.”