Bet on a Chance // Sam & Danny

Warnings: very slight exhibitionism; groping; nudity; rated M for mature but no real ~smut~ 18+ only

I got a request on Wattpad months ago and here it finally is, heavily modified for my own comfort and desires. I thought their cabin getaway seemed like the perfect backdrop...it's the first content of Danny and Sam together we've had in so long, after all, and just the thought of them hanging out warms my heart. I hope you enjoy this ~

---

"You look really good in my sweater," Danny said, his gaze drifting from Sam's ever-growing, shiny chestnut hair to the multicolored thread of wool that was wrapped around him. Well, more like hanging on him--the sweater was oversized on Danny so it was nearly swallowing Sam whole. Still, he did look good in it. But Danny thought Sam looked good in just about everything.

Sam smiled. "Thanks." He looked down at the hem and held a loose thread between his fingers. "I think I can remember when you got this sweater--it's practically a relic."

"It's getting there." Danny stood next to him in the mirror and looked over his own reflection. "I feel like I should change shirts now. I'm starting to not like this," he said, already pulling the plain white tee over his head. "It'll be cool for a t-shirt but too warm for a jacket."

With the shirt off, Sam's hands immediately went to Danny's bare shoulders. He smoothed his fingertips over his skin, leaning in to kiss him before he could bend over and rifle through his dresser drawers again; Danny chuckled and wrapped one arm around Sam's back, pulling him to his chest without much effort. He was so willowy and slight--sometimes he truly felt like the perfect fit against Danny's sturdier, denser body.

Sam seemed to think the same. He was always finding ways to touch Danny, and Danny loved it, but lately his more innocent-seeming, platonic touches in public had turned a little more salacious; plus, Sam had started to steal kisses from him more frequently, not just when they were alone but when they--Danny, Sam, Josh and Jake--were all together, and when they were in public. Danny didn't understand--it wasn't like Josh or Jake would ever be all that weirded out by him and Sam being together, but he just didn't understand why they needed to showcase any PDA at all. He was content to keep that between the two of them; Sam clearly had other ideas and seemed to be growing more and more restless about it.

"Wear that grey shirt," Sam said against Danny's jaw. "It makes your arms look, like, wow."

Danny smiled, already blushing at that compliment, and placed one hand on Sam's hip to gently move him out of the way. "Okay. I trust your judgment."

Sam swiveled to the dresser, backing himself against it. "My judgment is the only judgment you should trust."

Danny chuckled, raising his eyebrows to himself as he searched for the grey shirt. "I don't know, Sam. You're forgetting about the time you nearly lit your own hair on fire after one too many?"

With a smirk, Sam waived that away. "That's all hearsay. Or, rather, all in the past. Besides, now we have enough money to pay for all of that arson."

"That was barely three months ago."

"Well," Sam said, tossing his hair back and watching him as Danny pulled the shirt on. "That was spring. I turned 21. This is the thick of summer, which means--"

"Which means more antics, just around a bonfire, and hopefully keeping the fire contained" Danny cut in. He tugged the shirt down, adjusted it in the mirror, and fixed his hair, not at all unaware of Sam's eyes glued to him.

"Marshmallows, Danny," Sam reminded him. He turned his head up, eyes inspecting. "You look good. Better than the white shirt."

Danny was blushing again. Sam's compliments, even so frequently said off-handedly, never failed to bring a tingle to his heart. He wasn't sure if he and Sam were in love--he figured they were already in love before they got physical, they just weren't aware of the type of love. Danny had always assumed it was friendship, and that brotherly bond that went with it, and never thought the growing, confusing feelings he felt for Sam would ever be reciprocated.