To Love, Probably // Josh Kiszka

Warnings: none, pure fluff!!

One of the best people on tumblr requested  a first date with Josh and I feel very blessed. I love Josh fluff. I was in need of some Josh fluff. And girl, you left me entirely to my own devices! With that being said, I really hope you enjoy this ~~

"Do you have your quarters?" Josh asked, putting the car in park and turning the engine off, the a/c suddenly gone and the heat from the outside already permeating the inside of the car.

"I do," you said, reaching down into your bag to retrieve a much smaller bag. You held it up and shook it, all the quarters jingling inside. "I came prepared. Plenty for the both of us, actually."

It was a hot day–you immediately wondered if the animals would have enough shade and cool water to drink but you wouldn't have been going to this animal sanctuary if it weren't a good one. A well-respected one. One that truly took care of its lovely creatures. You'd visited every once in a while over the years–you loved feeding all the farm animals and petting them if you got the chance, going inside and visiting the rescued birds and rodents.

It was a new experience for Josh, however, although the entire first date was a new experience for both of you. You were proud of yourself because you'd asked him. You'd been in each other's circles for a long time but had never really had the chance to connect–you'd always sort of admired him from afar. He was, undoubtedly, adorable and almost always stole the show wherever you encountered him. He was hard to ignore but he wasn't someone you wanted to ignore–he was curious and different, funny and sweet, so the day you were out getting coffee one afternoon and he was in line behind you was the ultimate chance encounter, you thought.

He'd tapped you on the shoulder, which you thought was cute in and of itself–just a delicate tap with his forefinger that got you turn your cheek. Even cuter when you did turn and he was beaming at you, so excited to see someone he really didn't even know. His excitement over seeing you made you feel special, and the randomness of it all just seemed so perfect. Eventually the two of you talked long enough for you to blurt out something about going to feed goats together, to which he beamed at you about even more.

So, in that right, you weren't sure if he knew it was an actual date, but to you it was definitely a date.

"How many times have you been here?" Josh asked as you both walked through the parking lot and onto the grass, the braying of sheep and the conversations of goats already in earshot.

"A few," you answered, admiring his outfit for the occasion, both practical and very appropriate, being khaki shorts and a black t-shirt with an eagle on it that said "Defend Parklands."

Not that it was a national park, but he'd gotten the spirit of the day completely right. You glanced down at your own shirt, its front proudly declaring the name of the animal sanctuary in big white font.

"Enough times to buy this shirt," you added, laughing a little.

"It's great! And it's good that you know it goes to help all the animals," Josh replied. "If I had one, I would wear it. But this was the best I had."

"I love it," you told him. "And maybe we could both get shirts today."

After you said that, you felt it may have been too intimate of a verbal slip, but Josh smiled at that too, pure sunbeams when you looked at him. He really was cute, it was no wonder you got so flustered when he'd tapped you on the shoulder at the cafe. It was also no wonder how ineloquently you'd asked him out but still, you were full of pride for doing so. The best part of it was, he'd said yes, of course.