Energy // Josh Kiszka

Warnings: none, pure fluff!

Well, this is just the dream, isn't it? I love some Josh fluff and I'm ready and eager for my first date with the little loon. Than you for the brilliant request ! I really hope you enjoy.

"Bam!" came Josh's voice from above you, of loud and slightly gravelly. You looked up from your crouched position underneath the sink, having been fumbling to find the bottle of "Klearly Koffee," to see him holding two concert tickets in front of your face.

You reached up to the edge of the counter for support as you stood up–long days of making demanding retirees and hipsters macchiatos didn't do your feet any favors–and gently grabbed Josh's wrist, squinting as you brought the tickets closer to your face.

"How'd you get these?" you asked, glancing at the price of each–$65! That was a lot, especially with how little you both got in tips on a regular basis.

"I won them–can you believe it?" he chirped, waving the tickets in the air. "The one time I listen to the radio. It was my lucky day."

"Yeah, for real," you agreed, leaning against the counter with the bottle of cleaner in your hand. You were kind of bummed, honestly–it would have been nice if you could have gone. You'd jumped at the chance of seeing the band live when they put the tour link out on twitter but, upon seeing the price of tickets, you knew you wouldn't have been able to front it.

"You like them, right?" Josh asked, standing in front of you, fidgeting with the tickets in his hand, his eyes on them and not on you.

"Yeah," you answered. "I wanted to get my own ticket but–well, as you know, they're $65."

He paused, lips parting as if he was ready to speak but then he closed his mouth, eyebrows raising slightly as he kept looking at the tickets. He ran his fingertips over one edge, pursing his lips, and then finally he looked up at you with slightly flushed cheeks. "Wanna go with me?"

You hesitated then, not because you didn't want to, you were just a little surprised. The concert was kind of a big deal and you imagined Josh had a whole list of people he could ask, people more familiar to him than you, a mere coworker. Well, you guys did have a lot of fun together, and you actually found him quite endearing and at times, so adorable you'd actually messed up a few orders amidst your distraction.

"You sure?" you asked, glancing around to make sure there were no customers trying to impede your conversation. "I mean, it's such a big show."

"You talk about them all the time, I know you love them," Josh went on, moving backwards to lean on the opposite counter. "I'd love to go with you. Don't you think we'd have fun?"

Looking up from the tile floor to his gentle, flushed face–so nervous! It was actually flattering–you knew you'd have a great time. You could imagine that letting loose at one of your dream shows would somehow be even more fun than messing around at the cafe, creating various impromptu concoctions with the last lingering bits of syrups and milks, having mop wars and swapping Spotify playlists on your breaks.

"We would have so much fun," you said, not able to contain the giddy smile on your face. You meandered over to the same counter as Josh and leaned next to him, your shoulders just barely touching. "I just mean–if there's someone else you'd rather take, you know? They're your tickets."

"Yes, they're my tickets and I'll do with them what I will," Josh replied cheekily, flashing you a grin and seemingly getting over his own nerves. He even bumped his shoulder against yours playfully."And what I want is to go with you, Y/N. Seriously."