Make It Better // Danny x Josh *SMUT*

Word Count: ~2900

Warnings: slash & smut, people!! Blowjobs! Also some blood (non-sexual).

Inspired by Danny kissing Josh's hand during the Cleveland show (and what a show that was!) and, of course, Halloween. Hope you enjoy ;)

"You sure you wanna start carving them now?" Danny asked Josh, who was gleefully cradling two pumpkins in his arms from the porch. Danny was holding the front door open for him, letting the crisp, cold breeze momentarily waft into the house.

"Jake and Sam can do theirs whenever," Josh answered. He heard–and felt–Danny following his steps as he went through the hall and into the dining room. With a little huff, he set the pumpkins down on the ratty old tablecloth they'd both laid out for the event. "It's not our fault they're stuck on interview duty today."

"I don't know," Danny remarked, leaning against a chair. "Carving pumpkins seems like just as much work. Maybe more."

Josh looked up with a little smile. "This is supposed to be fun, Daniel. Come on, where's your Halloween spirit?"

Danny sat down, spinning one of the pumpkins around in front of himself. "Play 'Monster Mash' and I'll get into it."

Josh laughed. "Sure, fine by me." He started to sing the words, mimicking the silly voice of the original song, as he meandered into the kitchen, phone in hand. Soon enough the real thing was playing from a speaker, hopefully truly getting Danny to perk up–whenever Sam was out of the picture even for a little while, it was like a little of Danny's energy was gone with him. Josh could relate though. Whenever his twin was absent, he felt a little emptiness in the pit of his stomach. But he was happy to have some one-on-one time with Danny. That didn't happen very often. Not to mention none of them had actually carved pumpkins since they were literal children–this was going to be fun.

"What's yours going to be?" he asked as Danny sliced the top off his pumpkin, Josh following suit with an enthusiastic sawing motion. Using knives was always a good time as far as he was concerned.

"I was thinking of trying to make it look like Sam's drunk face," Danny told him with a laugh. "But I don't know if I have the skills. We'll see."

Josh laughed too. "That's a good idea. Maybe I should make my pumpkin look like Jake's guitar face."

"Put these two pumpkins together and it's basically Jake's ass," Danny said, smirking to himself; Josh cackled in return. He wasn't exactly wrong. Then Danny stood up and leaned over the table, hand disappearing into the pumpkin. "Ugh, this feels disgusting. Why the fuck are we doing this again?"

Josh did the same and, yeah, it was pretty gross. So cold and slimy, the seeds slippery between his fingers. "We're bonding," he reminded Danny, who was still so immersed in the pumpkin guts that Josh wasn't even sure what he'd said had been registered. He and Danny slopped handfuls of pumpkin guts onto a platter together, as in sync as they all were on stage.

"Sam will probably want the seeds," Danny said, reaching back in as the Ghostbusters theme started playing.

"Good. Nothing left to waste," Josh replied, beginning to feel very focused on the task at hand himself. He really was going to try to carve Jake's guitar face into the pumpkin. "We can compost the rest."

Danny was even more quiet than usual, he quickly noticed, and Josh didn't think it was just because they were immersed in jack-o-lantern carving. He wanted to ask about it–was there something bothering him? Was he just really not into this? Josh's sudden onslaught of anxious thoughts broke his concentration and as he was bringing the knife down in a steep curve, it slipped and, in the blink of an eye, bright red blood was shining on the blade, down his hand and across the orange pumpkin.