Since You've Been Mine // Sam & Danny *smut-ish*

Warnings: I'm gonna rate this M for mature. There's no actual smut but there's definitely some considerable indecency and some pretty smutty allusions!

I was going to wait until Sunday to post this (because apparently my posting schedule is unintentionally Fridays and Sundays?) but I just can't wait! I really liked the ​request Lulu sent me and, while I think this took a bit of a different turn than you may have intended, I'm really happy with the fic. I hope y'all enjoy!

---

The excitement of moving to, and of course living in, LA had diminished significantly. The sunny sky outside the balcony was still beautiful, objectively, but with each passing day of isolation Sam could see more and more of the smog that hung over the city and sneaked into car windows, apartments, the cracks in the sidewalks, his own lungs even. He exhaled, imagining the smog leaving his body and replaced with the cool, clean air of home, all pine trees and grassy plains.

It felt even further away. He'd always been shit with phone calls and texts--it had never seemed to matter much before. He'd get to them eventually, who cared? But with the lockdown, quarantine, whatever you wanted to call it, they suddenly seemed more imperative. Still, he was tired. Drained. Drained even without touring. Actually, Sam felt like he would really prefer nearly nightly shows to being cooped up inside every night with little more than his own rabbit heart beating anxiety into every breath.

Thank god he had Danny. But that was another issue--something had happened in quarantine, something that he knew both of them figured would happen sooner or later and it had only taken a few weeks of being (re)attached at the hip to make reality. They were together--a couple, an "item," as Danny liked to say because he thought it sounded cool and hip. Sam knew that his family wouldn't bat an eye, at least not for very long, nor would any of their friends (he thought their friends may have suspected long before he himself had even known what he felt) but the idea of revealing that new aspect of his and Danny's relationship made him recoil. In a way, he wished the quarantine would persist longer than predicted if only to prevent them from having to tell anyone. For now, he could chalk it up to them being best bros, to them living in the same city so it was easier to just crash together more nights than not.

No one else knew they'd been sleeping in the same bed, though. No one else knew that Sam curled into Danny's side and had a strong, warm arm slung over him against the drift of the a/c. He wanted those things to be kept in the dark for a while longer.

"Sam!" Danny called over the sounds of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club, making Sam turn around, backing himself up against the railing of the balcony and looking in through the open sliding glass doors. Probably instigated by his nonverbal response, Danny sighed and approached the open doors, grabbing the handle and beginning to slide it. "The air is on. Don't keep this open."

Sam jutted his chin out and braced his hands on the railing, cocking his elbows. "C'mere."

Danny rolled his eyes but smirked. He stepped out onto the balcony, shutting the glass door behind himself, and crossed his arms in front of Sam. "You were supposed to help me clean the kitchen," he said, the scolding tone made less serious by the smirk and the rosiness that blossomed over his cheeks. "I'm not the one who decided to make, uh, what was it again? Soup in 85 degree weather?"

"Vegetable paella," Sam corrected. Attempting to converting Danny to veganism--even vegetarianism--was challenging, but Sam liked cooking more than him and they were in his apartment, after all. It didn't matter if Danny had taken charge, having turned into a domineering househusband of sorts, it was still Sam's domain and he wasn't planning on letting Danny leave anytime soon, for more than one reason.