Chapter 12

Long time since I posted and I'm so sorry guys ): school gets in the way but I finally found the time to update <3 I love you all and I promise I won't leave this long ever again <3

•••

I looked at him in the eye, confused as to what he was telling me. "Austin..." That's when he slowly frowned and dropped his hand. He looked at the grass for a bit before slowly getting up and making his way back into the house.

He was unbelievable.

How could someone express their feelings in such a way and than frown upon you as if they despised you?

I walked back into the house and saw Torie sitting on the stairwell.

"Is everything okay?"

I shrugged. "I don't know what I did..."

"Why? What happened?"

I explained everything to Torie about what had been going on the past few days and she sighed.

"He doesn't want to admit that he's fond of you. That's the only reason why his mood alters like that."

"But how could you love someone one minute And than hate their guts the next?"

Tori sighed and shrugged. "He's dealt with a lot in the past so he doesn't want to get close to you. He's trying to find ways to hate you"

I looked down, trying to figure out as to what could have happened to him that affects his relationship towards others today.

•••

I watched Austin the next day as he went on with his usual routine. He was talking to Torie about something as I waited for him to realize that I still existed .

"She called in this morning wondering if you could make it." Torie said to Austin as she moved around cleaning the plates.

"It's a little last minute but I'm sure I could go...what time does it start?"

"7:50 pm. It's starting a little earlier than her usual parties."

I silently eavesdropped on their conversation about the party they had been invited to.

"What about Madison?" Torie asked, looking at me.

"What about her?"

"We can't leave her here. She might as well come along."

"She wouldn't be able to handle it."

I frowned a little and turned to face Austin.

"I can't handle a party? Who do you think I am?"

He snickered and looked away.

"This party isn't for little girls, you know."

I couldn't believe this guy.

"I'm two years younger, it's not much of a difference." He snickered and pulled out his phone.

"You wouldn't last ten minutes there. You're an amateur."

He looked up and gave me a smile that deeply irritated me.

"I'm coming."

Torie slowly smiled as she ate and Austin just shrugged.

"I warned you."

He left the room, smiling to himself.

"I don't understand why that's so amusing." I mumbled and Torie laughed quietly.