Chapter 14

Austin's P.O.V

Kissing her was like placing your lips on an electric wire, as corny as it sound, but the shock felt amazing.

She ran her hands through my hair, slightly tugging, leaning her head back as she did so. I trailed my lips down her throat, and tightened my grip around her waist. I would have never thought I would catch myself making out with Maddison...I would have never have thought of even getting close to her like this. No matter how many times my conscious was telling me to cut off this mesmeric connection I had with her, I just couldn't bring myself to let go.

I kissed her chest slowly as I slipped my hands under her shirt, tracing my fingers along her stomach. I was tempted to take her top off...

I could hear her breathing a little faster but than I stopped, in fear of getting any further. She looked at me with a surprised look on her face but than looked away, blushing.

"Sorry...I.."

"Don't apologize." I said as I laid beside her on the bed. I closed my eyes for a bit but than opened and turned to my side to face her. She looked down for a second or so before looking up again. I slowly brushed a strand of her from her face.

"I've never seen you in this peaceful state." She mumbled.

"It's odd but, I like it." I looked away from her, turning around to get off the bed but she placed her small hand on my bicep, as if she was indicating for me to stay.

"Don't leave..."
She left her hand on my arm for a few seconds longer but she was quick to pull back. Almost as if she was still scared of me. I sighed as I took her in my arms and laid back, resting against the bed board with her laying on top of me. I closed my eyes as I rested my chin on top of her head.

We stayed like that for ten minutes, enjoying peace and quiet but there was something I needed to know.

"Are you still scared of me?" Even though I had a hunch to my own question, I wanted to hear Maddie say it.

"I don't know...at times I guess." She mumbled out. It sounded like she was falling asleep. "I'm still a little shaken but to be honest...I've gotten used to everything. I've given up on escaping...that's for sure."

"And why is that?" I asked, smiling to myself.

"Well one thing is, I don't have to go back and face my problems back home." She said in a mono tone, as if she didn't have a care in the world. "But I would still like to see my mother and sister again. The other reason is what's really keeping me here."

"And what is that reason, if you don't mind me asking."

"I want to get to know you better."

Hey guys!! I'm back for this summer(: So sorry for the long long wait but here's a small update for you(: from now on I'll be updating EVERY week for this summer (they wont be as small as this one) In the next few chapters you're going to notice some new things about Maddie that will probably change your views on her. Thank you so much for the support I love you all (: