Chapter Three

At this point I knew it was over. Bailey was probably dead by now and I was being carried away. My life couldn't get any worse.

I could feel the hot tears stinging my eyes as I continued thrashing.

"Please...Somebody help me!"

I screeched but of course, no one could hear me.

"Please stop...you're hurting me..."

I was being held so tightly, and my bruises were being pressed on. I just wanted to die.

"Hey...!"

Someone had pushed the guy, causing him to drop me. I fell on the pavement, head first.

I didn't bother getting up. I just laid there on my back, just hoping death would come to me.

My entire body ached. My eyes opened when I heard the sound of a shot that had been fired-right beside me. I could see my kidnapper trying to fight off another guy.

I silently watched from the ground as the the figure took out his gun and fired, killing the guy.

I didn't even flinch at the sound. In fact, I couldn't move at all. It seemed like my body had shut down completely.

The person kicked the dead body and sure enough, the guy that had kidnapped me was dead.

I was expecting the figure to walk away but instead, he turned to me. I just laid there, staring right back at him. I didn't look away.

Big mistake.

He slowly walked towards me, twirling his gun around his finger. I started to hyperventilate. "Please...don't kill me."

What was I saying? This was my only chance to escape my misery. I expected the guy to shoot me right away but instead he kneeled down beside me.

He slowly took his hood off revealing his face. He stared back at me with hazel eyes that almost seemed turquoise... He looked down at my lips and then looked me in the eyes. He scoffed.

"Your cute..." He mumbled under his breath and then placed his hands over my eyes, closing them.

And I went out, just like that.