Chapter 9

"Jin!?"

You weren't moving even an inch. You just stood in your place, watching him walk closer to you. You observed him and he was wearing  black sweatpants, a pink hoodie and black slippers. You sighed in relief that he didn't go out by himself without wearing clothes.

He stood in front of you and just smiled. He looked at Hoseok and Yoongi who looked confused and smiled at them too.

"What are you doing here?"you asked.

"I was just wondering where you were because you are at home usually at this hour" he replied. You felt bad that you made him wait.

"How did you know I'm here by the way?"You asked.

"I talked to the fishe-"

You cut him off by placing your hand on his mouth as your eyes widened. He looked confused at what you were doing. You laughed nervously as you watch Hoseok and Yoongi looking at you with a strange face.

"You ate fishes nearby and saw me? That's great!"you clapped your hands.
Hoseok looked at you weirdly and you tried to laugh it off.

"Who is he?"Yoongi asked. You cleared your throat before preparing to answer.

"I live with her"Jin replied, smiling. You mentally facepalmed yourself as you thought that they might get the wrong idea.

"Woahh, you didn't tell us you have a boyfriend"Hoseok teased. You gulped nervously.

"He's a friend"you assured. They nodded slowly at your response. Hoseok walked closer to Jin and reached out his hand.

"Nice to meet you"Hoseok smiled. Jin looked at his hand before looking at you with a confused face.

It seems like they don't do that underwater.

Jin reached out to Hoseok's hand and wrapped his hand around him. Hoseok was about to do shake hands with him when suddenly Jin kissed the top of his hand which made him froze.

"Nice to meet you too"

Your mouth opened wide as soon as you saw that and Jin raised an eyebrow because of your reaction. You looked at Yoongi and you never saw his eyes widened like this before.

You laughed hysterically to divert their attention to you. People who passed by looked at you weirdly, thinking that you were insane.

"Did they put alcohol on her sprite earlier?"Yoongi whispered to Hoseok.

"He's really respectful actually. I'm sorry about that. We should go now, bye!"you said and waved at Hoseok and Yoongi, dragging Jin with you.

You were finally far away from the two. You stopped walking and made Jin face you.

"Why did you do that?"you asked.

"Do what?"

"You kissed the top of his hand!"you grumbled.

"Was it too much?"he asked.
You sighed and scratched your head.

"You weren't supposed to do that. If you keep on doing weird things, people will suspect something about you. I'm sure things are different here in land. You should be careful"you stated. He looked at you with an apologetic face. He probably felt ashamed.

"You can do better next time"you encouraged. He suddenly started to take off his hoodie which made you nervous so you tried to stop him but it's already halfway off him.

You sighed in relief as soon as you saw he has a shirt underneath his pink hoodie. After he took it off, he handed it to you which made you raise an eyebrow.

"You were shivering. Wear that, I'll be fine"he said and smiled at you.

"Ohh..T-thanks"

~few days later~

You placed your finger on your chin as you observed him walk back and forth. You have been teaching him how to walk more natural to not cause any suspicions. After a walk he does, he would look at you for approval.

"Try again"you commanded, not yet satisfied. He walked again on your kitchen from the living room.

"Much better"you clapped your hands. He smiled since he felt happy that it finally satisfied you. He's already good in walking, he just needed some improvements.

"What else should I fix?"he asked. You pouted, thinking about it.

You tried to remember what else was kinda odd about him. You looked at him from head to toe and shook your head.

"I think you're already good in physical appearance. You know how to dress up. I think you should fix your mannerisms"you explained. He seems confused so you told him the details.

"First, don't tell anyone what you are and never mention that you can talk to fishes or any marine animals"you stated.

"Second, the way you eat. Practice more with utensils, I'll teach you again later. Third, just say you live near the beach if someone asks you where you're from. Fourth, don't be too respectful here, not everyone will  give you the same respect"you added. He nodded slowly, understanding your words.

"I will tell you if there's more to add"you said and tiptoed to pat his head since he was taller than you.

You grabbed 2 ice creams tubs from your fridge and gave him one. You also took spoons for both of you. You looked at him as he opened it. He looked so amazed by it which made you smile. He smelled it before he started to eat.

"That's good. You can now eat more natural"you complimented.

"I was practicing this when you're at work. I guess the work hard was worth it"he said, smiling before continuing to eat.

He looks so good smiling.

As you thought about it, you really don't know much about him. Other than being a merman and what he told about his family, you know nothing like his dream or just some random stuff.

"Tell me about you-"
You were cut off by the sound of a knock on your door. Jin flinched because of it and his eyes were filled with panic.

"It's fine. Go upstairs"you whispered. He nodded and before making his way on your room.

You walked towards your front door and opened it a little bit to see if who it was.

A/N:
Hi everyone~ thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you continue to do so. Btw, the run episode today was so much fun ㅋㅋ
I'm already excited for the next episode. That's all for today :))
Don't forget to vote!
Stay safe❤️❤️❤️