Chapter 30 : Lizard Swamp (2).

Start from the beginning

“I watched you kill that Lizardman. It was amazing.”

Hyrkan still did not answer, as the woman continued her praise.

“Even a Ranker would be jealous of your skills. I almost fell for you…”

“What do you want?”

Hyrkan spoke for the first time with a question that couldn’t be more indifferent.

“Ah, my name is Ilya.”

At the question, the woman first introduced herself.

“And?”

At her response, Hyrkan cut his answer short. It was a form of intimidation. He would talk less and less if she dragged on. Of course, it wasn’t possible to talk any less than he currently did. Thus, if Ilya kept talking, Hyrkan would ignore her.

“Sorry to ask you on our first meeting…”

In the end, she cut straight to her point.

“But please help us complete our quest.”

“Please!”

The moment Ilya finished her sentence, the short priestess behind her opened her mouth as if to put in a chorus. Also, they showed puppy eyes and sorrowful expression that would easily make men do their bidding.

As a man, Hyrkan’s heart also throbbed. However, it wasn’t the throb of interest against the opposite sex.

‘Are these bitches for real? They’re just asking me if they can leech off me.’

It was something one would run into at least one time in online games. The kind that asked for free rides just because they were pretty girls. To Hyrkan, the whole thing was simply absurd. If one wanted to play with girls in the VR world, it was much better to play dating sims or other adult content.

‘Is this what the saying, ‘all good things come to an end,’ means? What is this bullshit trying to get on my nerves?’

In any case, Hyrkan didn’t have an inkling of mind to listen to their request. On top of it being an absurd request, he wasn’t in a good mood.

Starting from when he ran into that Ranker-class player at Bangtz Castle to being unable to upload his current hunting videos to YouTube, he was annoyed by many things. When he finally got around to hunting some monsters on a good day, the current situation threw a bucket of cold water on him.

Thus, Hyrkan replied from the bottom of his heart.

“Fuck off.”

Hyrkan had no interest in romance, and he was certainly not a gentleman.

At Hyrkan’s response, Ilya joined her hands as if to pray and lightly bowed.

“Please, just help us out for this quest. We will reward you for sure.”

Hyrkan simply turned away. He could tell she was the kind in which words didn’t work. In a case like this, it was best just to ignore. He had never heard of someone like this changing.

“Wait!”

Ilya grabbed onto Hyrkan’s shoulder. At that moment, Hyrkan stopped his feet and turned around. Watching Hyrkan with a face full of misery…

“Just 10… I beg you. We’ll compensate you for sure. Please help us.”

Ilya once again beseeched him.

If it was possible to cry in-game, bead-like tear drops must have fallen on her cheeks.

Staring at her silently for just a moment, Hyrkan opened his tightly shut mouth.