Chapter 28 : Ahimbree (3).

Start from the beginning

However, what was on his tail weren’t hyenas. What was worse was that An Jaehyun didn’t know whether they were lions or tigers.

‘Who are they?’

One thing was for sure; they were predators.

‘White Mamba set… there’s no way he’s just a high-leveled player. He has to be a Ranker.’

But he didn’t know what species they were. It wasn’t just because An Jaehyun couldn’t remember them.

Looking at just the options, it would be hard to say that the White Mamba set was an incomparably amazing set. However, 3 guilds had collaborated to kill the White Mamba, and a famous designer had been hired to make the set. Same bags would have different pricing if one had a brand name logo on it.

Usually, items like these weren’t sold at a known price. Guilds would give out these items as presents to their sponsors or friends, or they would keep it as a symbolic uniform.

In other words, it was easy to trace back.

However, that man couldn’t be traced back. Someone wearing such a pompous set didn’t leave any trace of himself online. If he came from a famous guild, An Jaehyun could relax and act accordingly, but it wasn’t the case now.

That was why An Jaehyun was so excessively cautious.

His intuition was telling him so.

‘There’s no way someone who tests people like that has a clean background.’

If he were part of the Top 30 Guilds or forces that rivaled them, he wouldn’t have acted as he had.

He would have revealed his guild and offered up a trade. Even that should have been done by a messenger, not a Ranker. High-level players invested most of their playtime in hunting. It was a waste of time to talk and negotiate with suspicious players.

‘There’s no way he’s from the Top 30 Guilds. I’ve never seen any of the Top 30 Guilds act like that.’

From An Jaehyun’s standards, he wasn’t from the Top 30 Guilds.

‘He’s part of some organization, though…’

But he was sure that he was part of an organization. The other player who had been hiding while Hyrkan was talking was proof.

With those unfit to be part of Warlord’s world going after him, An Jaehyun’s headaches were only justified.

Irritated, An Jaehyun scratched his head.

“Damn it.”

‘Why do I have to worry about this? I have enough on my hands with just the game alone. I’m going to go crazy because of bitches like that Choi Sulyeon. Where did these weird shitheads come from?’

Nothing is easy in this world.

An Jaehyun once again remembered the saying.

★★★

Lizard Swamp.

This hunting ground that most players avoided was located north of Bangtz Castle. Based on travel speed of most players, it was situated about 5 hours away. It wasn’t a short distance. No one was interested in doing a cross country run without actual gaming.

It was the same for Hyrkan. It wasn’t likely to run into a pleasant surprise just because he rushed to the Lizard Swamp. It was better to take care of things on the way there.

“Let’s see.”

Hyrkan’s current action of fiddling with a Skeleton Warrior’s head was also part of ‘taking care of things on the way there.’