Chapter 27 : Ahimbree (2).

Start from the beginning

Then…

“Fuck off.”

An uninterested sound came out.

The speaker was a man with a small stature, only about 160cm in height. However, his armor was a different story. It was an armor seemingly made of white snake scales. From the helmet all the way down to the boots, the man was adorned with a full set of armor made from the same material. What stood out the most were the decorations on the shoulders. The decorations were snake heads, making the armor’s wearer look like his shoulders were coming out of the snakes’ mouths.

It was an undoubtedly impressive design. With just a glimpse, one would be unable to forget it easily.

Because of this, the few players who had seen the armor before easily recognized the identity of the items.

‘White Mamba set!’

White Mamba.

It was a level 80 boss monster that had been killed just 4 weeks ago. To kill this 40-meter-long snake with huge, white scales, three guilds had cooperated with each other. The live raid sold over 300,000 tickets. Although the ticket cost was on the cheaper side, it was still a fine amount.

Also, as expected from a large-sized boss monster, the White Mamba dropped large amounts of crafting coins. Afterward, one of Warlord’s famous item designers personally designed 22 full armor sets.

One entire armor set was 50 million won! Moreover, it had a level requirement of at least 70.

It wasn’t something made to be sold to ordinary players.

It was a luxury item meant to be owned by a small minority. It was equivalent to a tiger’s stripes or a lion’s mane in wildlife. Hyenas could only waggle their tails the moment they saw it.

“Ah, I’m sorry.”

The hyena who had wanted to pick a fight immediately lowered its tail, and the surrounding gaze concentrated on the man.

“Isn’t that a White Mamba set?”

“A level 70+ player? Whoa!”

There was no way a high-level player, especially one comparable to a Ranker, wouldn’t draw the attention of everyone nearby. In such situation, the man in the White Mamba set approached Hyrkan.

“Let me borrow a bit of your time.”

It was a request Hyrkan couldn’t refuse.

★★★

Their conversation was short.

“In what floor did you receive your quest?”

“The 3rd floor. Why?”

“What kind of quest did you receive?”

“Why would I hand over my valuable quest information to you for free?”

“Are you part of a guild?”

“Do I have an obligation to tell you? Why should I tell you that? What if you’re from a different guild?”

Hyrkan had already prepared for such a situation. Although he didn’t expect a level 70+ player to come, it wasn’t enough to cause him to panic.

Hyrkan knew what he had to do.

‘From this moment on, I have never met or seen Ahimbree. I’m just a regular player who coincidentally obtained a quest here.’

Hyrkan had two choices.

First was to pretend he was part of a guild, while the other was to pretend he knew absolutely nothing. At first, he planned to use the former. The hyenas easily went away once they heard guild names they recognized.