|25| Manager

She sighed

She sighed. "I'll think about it. I'll do the remedial lessons with you over the break and use that time to decide."

He smiled. "Thank you, Ichigo." He kissed her forehead. (Y/N)'s heart almost stopped. That was the first time that he kissed her (to her knowledge at least), and she wasn't prepared for it. She knew he wasn't the most affectionate person, so the small act of intimacy set her heart aflame. "Heh, now you really look like an Ichigo."

"Shut up, Kei..." She lightly touched where his lips touched her, causing him to turn pink. 

~*~*~*~

"(L/N)-chan!"  Hinata ran at the wheelchair-bound girl and hugged her, which in turn gained an angry Kei who ripped the ginger off his girlfriend.  Honestly, he couldn't understand how the hyperactive boy didn't even think that an aggressive hug could hurt her.

"You tangerine, think before you act sometimes," he scolded.  Hinata jumped and stiffed at the murderous aura the blond emitted.

(Y/N) flicked his arm.  "Seriously, Kei?  He's fine," she laughed.  "I appreciate it, though."  She winked and smiled.  The middle blocker covered his mouth and turned away. 

"Shut up, Ichigo."

"Eh?  I don't think you really mean that."

"Oh my gosh, Tsukishima is blushing," Noya shouted.  "Look at him, Ryu!"

Tanaka burst out in laughter.  "He's redder than an apple!"

The two second-years came into the gym.  They were the last ones to make it there after the last bell—Narita said that the teacher held them back for a mini-lesson.  Daichi and Suga discussed strategies together, albeit they were sitting closer than Kei remembered them ever doing.  Kiyoko was walking their new first-year manager through how to mark plays and games.  Yamaguchi had tagged along and helped the two girls ((Y/N) commented Yamaguchi and Yachi, to which Kei confirmed that the blonde girl was just his type).  The trio of second years and Asahi were finishing up some homework in the club room but would be there soon.  Kageyama had already started on his warmups.  Hinata only came in a few moments before the last two.

Kei sat with (Y/N) on the side of the court.  With his wrist and foot the way they were, he would be out for the rest of the season.  Even after he would be cleared, it would take a while before his stamina and power were the same.  It could take up to a year.  Plus, there was (Y/N).  If he recovered and she was still in the clear, he would still devote most of his time to her.  He didn't have time to do the extra practice needed.  Neither did he really want to do that. 

He looked at (Y/N).  The (H/C)-haired girl was laughing at some joke Hinata made.  She was so bright compared to him.  Before the fall, he might have used that as an excuse to distance himself, but now, it was an excuse to get closer.  He wanted to never let her go.